Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Increased blood pressure page 3

EatMoveSleep is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by workinprogress View Post
    You seem to be making a lot of assumptions. If I'm wrong I apologize. But I've regularly taken care of little old ladies with blood pressures of 100-120 over 1-2. Literally when I'm taking their pressure you can clearly hear the systolic phase, and as you release the pressure you hear the diastolic phase all the way down to single digits. They had no complaints of dizziness, they weren't athletes of any sort. I'm caring for them for completely different reasons unrelated to their B/P.

It's a pretty big leap to say that someone is going to have problems just because their diastolic is below an arbitrary number. If you were having issues yourself, that only really counts for you. It could have been another issue that caused your dizziness and lower diastolic at the same time.
    No you're probably right on the assumptions and it sounds like you have much more experience than me.

Another person here mentioned blood pressure of athletes being often near 115/60 seemingly inferring it being good ( the inference was an assumption) - my point is this blood pressure is a problem for some people and the pressures some athletes get is not the exclusive realm of fit athletes.

No it's no just me.
    Of the handful of people that I know have taken up primal, three had existing low-ish blood pressures ( but no noticeable issues before- no dizziness before). All three since starting have had frequent times of dizziness since loosing weight (their blood pressure has dropped too) - the dizziness times follows their low pressure times ( it correlates but it may not be the cause - an assumption). For me it rarely happens , but my occasional tired/weak times shows a low blood pressure - every other time I test the BP is higher - it may be coincidental. As it rarely happens for me then it's not a problem, for the others they seem to be reducing the events by adjusting macro ratios, omitting certain foods and even fasting in the mornings strangely seems to help their BP go up and they feel better, so I guess its close to problem solved for them.

From this limited sample of people, all of the starting normal-high blood pressure people had no dizzy episodes at all and all of the low-ish/low-normal ones did have the issue ( all cases the blood glucose levels are aways measured as good).

I guess in all cases probably both the diastolic and systolic dropped (not sure). Perhaps the BP has nothing to do with the dizziness/tiredness of all four cases including me - but I doubt it, I think its linked.

Yes I agree with your comment on an arbitrary diastolic number (this also applies to 88 being bad I presume) for me if I feel weak ( for no good reason) and my measured number is below 60 every time this happens, it then seems to be a fair assumption ( for my body) that the BP is too low for what ever reason - though below sixty may be fine for some other people.

The patients you see with BP 100/1 - are these people able to care of themselves and do normal day to day tasks etc?
    Last edited by EatMoveSleep; 06-23-2013 at 06:54 AM.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Of the handful of people that I know have taken up primal, three had existing low-ish blood pressures ( but no noticeable issues before- no dizziness before). All three since starting have had frequent times of dizziness since loosing weight (their blood pressure has dropped too) - the dizziness times follows their low pressure times ( it correlates but it may not be the cause - an assumption). For me it rarely happens , but my occasional tired/weak times shows a low blood pressure - every other time I test the BP is higher - it may be coincidental. As it rarely happens for me then it's not a problem, for the others they seem to be reducing the events by adjusting macro ratios, omitting certain foods and even fasting in the mornings strangely seems to help their BP go up and they feel better, so I guess its close to problem solved for them.
    I remember that phase! After three years, I experience nothing of the sort.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Shanievebaker is offline Junior Member
    Just a side note for me....I stated I've never seen a diastolic out of the 60s but I've also never seen 50 anything. I would say it would hang in the mid sixties. I wouldn't call myself an athlete in the sense that I do not enjoy competition with anyone but myself but I was raised in the gym, I've backcountry snowboarded and lived at 9000' for 20 years, I run (ish) and mma train at altitude so I've always been on the fit side. The weight that I took off was a recent gain that I figured was normal when you hit forty and have kids....crappy excuse to eat crappy food and throw in the towel (thankfully I came across the paleo lifestyle that debunked the lies before I totally succumbed to SAD and lifestyle). So even before tossing the big poisons (grain and sugar), I would get those "athlete" type readings without anything nearing hypotension. Like I said mid 60s with 0 readings in the50s. I've still haven't gotten a proper reading since my initial post but when I do I'll post it. Thanks everyone for looking out!

workinprogress is offline Senior Member
    The patients you see with BP 100/1 - are these people able to care of themselves and do normal day to day tasks etc?[/QUOTE]

Yes normally they do.

workinprogress is offline Senior Member
    Shanievebaker, I'm sorry we got a little off track with your thread.

Aldergirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EatMoveSleep View Post
    No it's no just me.

From this limited sample of people, all of the starting normal-high blood pressure people had no dizzy episodes at all and all of the low-ish/low-normal ones did have the issue ( all cases the blood glucose levels are aways measured as good).

I guess in all cases probably both the diastolic and systolic dropped (not sure). Perhaps the BP has nothing to do with the dizziness/tiredness of all four cases including me - but I doubt it, I think its linked.

Yes I agree with your comment on an arbitrary diastolic number (this also applies to 88 being bad I presume) for me if I feel weak ( for no good reason) and my measured number is below 60 every time this happens, it then seems to be a fair assumption ( for my body) that the BP is too low for what ever reason - though below sixty may be fine for some other people.

The patients you see with BP 100/1 - are these people able to care of themselves and do normal day to day tasks etc?
    My blood pressure has always been low (112/64 or somewhere around there). Changing my diet to primal did not make me light-headed. I remember a few times before I was primal that I would stand up too fast and get dizzy. That never happened while eating primally (excluding my current pregnancy, which has its own variables and my BP has remained consistent). Granted, I changed my diet gradually and did not lose weight (nor need to), but the fact still remains that this low blood pressure individual did not experience dizziness and further lowered blood-pressure as a result of eating a primal diet.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    My BP was 110/60 on VLC, I was always dizzy. I feel best when it's considered high by normal markers(140/80). That's where it's always been though, when I'm feeling good.
    nihil

Quote Originally Posted by Aldergirl View Post
    My blood pressure has always been low (112/64 or somewhere around there). Changing my diet to primal did not make me light-headed. I remember a few times before I was primal that I would stand up too fast and get dizzy. That never happened while eating primally (excluding my current pregnancy, which has its own variables and my BP has remained consistent). Granted, I changed my diet gradually and did not lose weight (nor need to), but the fact still remains that this low blood pressure individual did not experience dizziness and further lowered blood-pressure as a result of eating a primal diet.
    Fair enough, but a bit different to what I described - weight loss and BP drop

Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    I remember that phase! After three years, I experience nothing of the sort.
    Ok well that's encouraging for the people I know that seem to be now controlling it.
    After 8+ months of primal for them that last three months have been with this issue - but now their BP is slightly going up and dizzy days much less often.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by workinprogress View Post
    Yes normally they do.[/QUOTE]

Ok - I cant imagine my condition if I had those numbers.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast