Thread: Primal vs Conventional Wisdom page

Barnyard is offline Senior Member

Primal vs Conventional Wisdom

This is really amazing....I have been going through old posts and stuff.....I have been doing the CW thing for a LONG time.....lots of whole grain and fiber, LOW fat, high protein (and doing a really poor job of staying away from sweets). What was it getting me? Achy osteoarthritis knees, sciatic nerve problems, plugged up intestines, a nice ring around my waist.....and I thought I was mostly doing the right thing! I see that this Primal way of eating (and living) has been around for a while.....WHERE HAVE I BEEN?!?!? I am an educated health care professional who didn't have a clue! Since going primal, my knees are PAIN FREE, my rosacea on my forehead has cleared up, my digestive system is happier (sorry if TMI), I sleep better I think.......these are the results I am seeing first hand! The fact is, I think most people believe that CW is still true, and are afraid to even consider high fat! I was, until I stumbled across this site while researching Paleo, started researching more about it.....and I still am researching, such as which fats are best, can I really eat a lot of bacon, how much fruit is too much.....I LOVE THIS PRIMAL WAY OF LIVING! I am truly thankful that I found Marks Daily Apple! I am just waiting for the "Food Pyramid" to get turned upside down, but I am afraid big food and big pharma won't let that happen.......

picklepete is offline Senior Member
    There is a great deal of advice in the world, much of it without the listener's best interest at heart.
    35//6'3"/180

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Well you did a lot better than I did. It took me much longer and got a lot sicker before I started looking around. I had such great faith and belief in doctors.

Today at my HMO (Kaiser), while I waited I watched their TV program. And guess what. They have dumped the FDA's food pyramid. They have replaced it with another pyramid that has veggies on the bottom and no meats, grains half way up. A little fish at the top. In fact, they were running that movie about the men who lost around 200 lbs drinking green vomit. The movie was interspaced with doctors comments and their new pyramid. (Green vomit = vegetables and fruit juiced by The magic bullet.)
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

awok677 is offline Senior Member
    I felt a bit like that when I encountered Atkins at first. Which eventually led me to paleo/primal. I still find it hard to believe that not everyone can see how this way of eating just makes sense, but I'm learning to temper my enthusiasm and accept that the best way to recommend it to others is to just get on with it and demonstrate the effects on my own health. But I'm a geek and the science fascinates me, so that tends to be what I want to share.
    Me, My Father and The Alzheimer's - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread84213.html

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptocode View Post
    Well you did a lot better than I did. It took me much longer and got a lot sicker before I started looking around. I had such great faith and belief in doctors.

Today at my HMO (Kaiser), while I waited I watched their TV program. And guess what. They have dumped the FDA's food pyramid. They have replaced it with another pyramid that has veggies on the bottom and no meats, grains half way up. A little fish at the top. In fact, they were running that movie about the men who lost around 200 lbs drinking green vomit. The movie was interspaced with doctors comments and their new pyramid. (Green vomit = vegetables and fruit juiced by The magic bullet.)
    Go figure....sounds like a sales pitch!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by awok677 View Post
    I felt a bit like that when I encountered Atkins at first. Which eventually led me to paleo/primal. I still find it hard to believe that not everyone can see how this way of eating just makes sense, but I'm learning to temper my enthusiasm and accept that the best way to recommend it to others is to just get on with it and demonstrate the effects on my own health. But I'm a geek and the science fascinates me, so that tends to be what I want to share.
    I'm kinda geeky too, and I am doing that also Awok, showing by example....just getting started on it, but seeing results already!