Thread: Ox Bile Experience? page

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member

Ox Bile Experience?

Primal Fuel
    Does anyone have any experience with Ox Bile Experience? I've ordered some, made from a bovine source, not vegetarian. My TC has jumped up 20 points recently for no reason I can think of. But because I have no gall-bladder I'm thinking oxbile might help.

My reasoning, which is probably wrong, is that if I have insufficient bile to process the fats I eat, those fats may be getting into the blood-stream. Is this even possible? It also seems wrong to me.
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

LOLLL. Alas, never heard of them. Is that really the name of a band. How awful.
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Fair reply. Well, at least a reply, and funny.

Bump - hasn't anyone here tried Ox bile? Please.

So, I saw the doctor today. He said he didn't think oxbile would help. If I eat fats that are undigested they'd just leave with the poop. I don't think that's happening, unless it's a small amount. On the other hand, if the oxbile helps digest more of the fats I eat, they'll go into the blood and increase my cholesterol. Well - - that's what he said.

He thinks I'm just eating too many fats and should switch to vegetarian with fish and egg whites. He, and every other doctor I've seen says I'm one of those with genetically high cholesterol. And that I should eat no fats. (I'm allergic to statins - all of them.)

My TC is 386 but my fractions are OK. What do you all think?

jammies is offline Senior Member
    I think 20 points is within the margin of error for your total cholesterol. So a 20 point change on one test isn't actually a change at all.

That said, I've been taking ox-bile as part of a digestive enzyme and betaineHCL protocol my doctor started me on. The combo has really helped my digestion, but I have no idea if it affects cholesterol.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Ron_Swanson is offline Senior Member
    Ive only used in people I have helped with gallbladder problems and it really helps their digestion.
    My book Fix Your Gut is available on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Fix-Your-Gut-D...s=fix+your+gutThe book price is $9.99.

I put my blood, sweat, and tears in making sure that this ebook is one of the best literary pieces written in regard to digestive health. You want detailed cutting edge information on probiotics and digestive enzymes, BAM, itís all searchable in an easy to read kindle format.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    sigh...

who uses TC for any diagnostic measure????
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

KestrelSF is offline Senior Member
    I also have no gallbladder and pretty much take 5 Now Food Super Enzyme with every meal. If I don't, I notice it. I've tried other enzymes but don't find them effective unless they have Ox Bile in them. (In Europe, you can only find porcine (pig) bile enzymes.) I highly recommend that anyone without a gallbladder take them. I have several bottles at home, one at work, one in my car...
    Apathy is tyranny's greatest ally.

Thank you all for your replies. I don't have any digestive problems, this diet and probiotic caps cured ALL of that.

I guess I'll try the oxbile since no one has offered a bad experience, but Jammies opinion seems very reasonable to me. I'll have it tested again in a few months and see.

The JAMA study out today, in an above link, of the 3 test diets, showed no significant change in cholesterol.

meeshar is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I use ox bile when I eat a heavy meal that I know I'd have trouble digesting, but that's it. If I try to take it twice a day like a regular supplement, let's just say everything runs through me. No wonder Amazon reviewers talk about losing weight while taking it. While I'd like to lose weight, that's not the way I'd like to go about it.