Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New absolute favorite dessert page

naiadknight is online now Senior Member

New absolute favorite dessert

Primal Fuel
    I came up with this after thinking about berries and whipped cream and how to make it better.

Whipped Heaven

In a bowl combine 5 parts heavy cream and 3 mascarpone (for 4 HUGE strawberries and a handful of blueberries and finger licking, 5 tbsp cream and 3 tbsp mascarpone.) Whip to stiff peaks. If you want to fool with it, add cinnamon or chcocolate, but it doesn't need it. Serve with berries of your choice. You will want to lick the beater and your fingers and anywhere else it lands....

kmacphee is offline Senior Member
    Pardon me for seeming silly, but I whip the cream and the mascarpone, then once the mix gets to stiff peaks, then I add the berries. I have never even heard of mascarpone, but this sounds intriguing, thanks for the post.

Any photos of the finger licking goodness?

I just dip the berries in it. Gives me an excuse to lick my fingers with every bite. No photos, I was too busy having a foodgasm.

Jason VT is offline Senior Member
    Where do people find Marscapone? I've looked high an low to no avail. Possible explanation: I live in Cabot VT, home of the world's best Cheddar (supposedly) and nobody up here eats any other cheese.

I found it at the store. It was in the specialty/ deli sliced that day cheese section, which, in my store in nowhere near the Kraft cheese section. If they don't carry it, point blank, try your friend the internet.

norcalgal is offline Senior Member
    its in the specialty cheese section where mozarella or feta or bleu cheese is. it is sorta like a cream cheese but with not as much flavor.
    "The first wealth is health."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

avocado is offline Senior Member
    I think of mascarpone as solid cream. That's what it tastes like to me. And it has a really nice sweet taste. I think it's about the texture/consistency of butter (but softer) but the flavor of cream.

Canarygirl is offline Senior Member
    I've made this before. It's really good; the marscapone is "Italian cream cheese" although it's got a natural sweetness that's not in regular cream cheese...it's alltogether different. I found it a little slower to get the mixture to whip up into peaks, though. Just FYI

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    Ooh oh oh, you just inspired me. I'm hosting a birthday party appys and drinks thing on tuesday, and I'm going to pipe this into strawberries that I've cut an X into. Mmmmmmmmmm!

Annika is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason VT View Post
    Where do people find Marscapone? I've looked high an low to no avail. Possible explanation: I live in Cabot VT, home of the world's best Cheddar (supposedly) and nobody up here eats any other cheese.
    Jason, Vermont Butter & Cheese makes marscapone; you can get it at the Montpelier co-op. I've also gotten it at Price Chopper. It's in the fancy cheese section by the deli. It tastes like thick whipped cream. Nice to see another Vermonter - I live near you up in the NEK.
    Last edited by Annika; 05-23-2010 at 12:12 PM. Reason: typo
    My blog: Pretty Good Paleo
    On Twitter: @NEKLocalvore

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast