Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 46

Thread: Conspiracy or idiocy?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    847

    Conspiracy or idiocy?

    Pseudo-healthy processed foods: margarine / added fiber breakfast cereals / low fat yoghurts, skimmed milk. They all require technology to make them, and promote industry, jobs etc. They all get amazing press in our media. Its been going on for 50 odd years now. Its an entire economy.

    Have we gone temporarily mad? Or is there some actual conspiracy to fool the populace into being malnourished, slightly desperate consumers, who will continue to pay top dollar for whatever new health 'solution' that comes out of a factory?

    People do tend to like shortcuts for anything. So if a product is marketed as a shortcut for health, people will pay for it, especially if its in a fancy box. Everyone likes a fancy box. Is that all there is to it, or is there something more sinister going on?

    These are my thoughts, people.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    56
    I think it is deliberate but has no one person or group behind it. People act in their own self interest, and when groups of them get the power that the government/corporations have they will use it to their advantage... and that is usually to the detriment of those that they have power over. The sickness isn't just in the health world. You could post this on any forum on almost any subject.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Northern Utah
    Posts
    1,453
    Follow the money. The big agra conglomerates pay for US government officials. The big agra conglomerates lobby the government and the medical industries to promote CW as healthy--and it puts money back in the pockets of the agra conglomerates and the drug companies. I don't think it's conspiracy, it's greed.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Birkenstocks & hairy arm pits.
    Posts
    9,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    Follow the money. The big agra conglomerates pay for US government officials. The big agra conglomerates lobby the government and the medical industries to promote CW as healthy--and it puts money back in the pockets of the agra conglomerates and the drug companies. I don't think it's conspiracy, it's greed.
    +1 except I do think that now it's a conspiracy. Like the Big Pharma execs that don't let their grandchildren get vaccinated, I believe Big Agra doesn't eat the shit it produces - it just sells it to the ignorant masses.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

    B*tch-lite

    Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Norco, California
    Posts
    1,312
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    +1 except I do think that now it's a conspiracy. Like the Big Pharma execs that don't let their grandchildren get vaccinated, I believe Big Agra doesn't eat the shit it produces - it just sells it to the ignorant masses.
    Me too!
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    SD, USA
    Posts
    834
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    +1 except I do think that now it's a conspiracy. Like the Big Pharma execs that don't let their grandchildren get vaccinated, I believe Big Agra doesn't eat the shit it produces - it just sells it to the ignorant masses.
    Absolutely! I think their greed fostered conspiracy.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,196
    I vote for Idiotic Conspiracy......
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

    http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,688
    I wouldn't call it a conspiracy, but there is always money involved. The big food companies plan advertising and food flavors around getting people addicted to their products rather than to promote any kind of healthy eating in consumers. There was a book about this recently...I think it is called Salt Sugar Fat?
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

    "I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Gloucestershire UK
    Posts
    765
    Didn't start as a conspiracy just like all evil starts small. But now they know they are "in blood Stepp’d in so far that, should I wade no more, Returning were as tedious as go o’er" How can you tell the World that you have been selling them poison for years and telling them it would make them healthy? heaven forbid some rich suit might have to resign!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Delaware Valley
    Posts
    717
    Quote Originally Posted by MaceyUK View Post
    Didn't start as a conspiracy just like all evil starts small. But now they know they are "in blood Stepp’d in so far that, should I wade no more, Returning were as tedious as go o’er" How can you tell the World that you have been selling them poison for years and telling them it would make them healthy? heaven forbid some rich suit might have to resign!
    I think this is it. You sell your soul to the devil little by little and then you are as screwed as the dumb f€<&$ that make up the masses.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •