Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Conspiracy or idiocy? page

Owen is offline Senior Member

Conspiracy or idiocy?

Primal Fuel
    Pseudo-healthy processed foods: margarine / added fiber breakfast cereals / low fat yoghurts, skimmed milk. They all require technology to make them, and promote industry, jobs etc. They all get amazing press in our media. Its been going on for 50 odd years now. Its an entire economy.

Have we gone temporarily mad? Or is there some actual conspiracy to fool the populace into being malnourished, slightly desperate consumers, who will continue to pay top dollar for whatever new health 'solution' that comes out of a factory?

People do tend to like shortcuts for anything. So if a product is marketed as a shortcut for health, people will pay for it, especially if its in a fancy box. Everyone likes a fancy box. Is that all there is to it, or is there something more sinister going on?

These are my thoughts, people.

peppermint is offline Member
    I think it is deliberate but has no one person or group behind it. People act in their own self interest, and when groups of them get the power that the government/corporations have they will use it to their advantage... and that is usually to the detriment of those that they have power over. The sickness isn't just in the health world. You could post this on any forum on almost any subject.

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Follow the money. The big agra conglomerates pay for US government officials. The big agra conglomerates lobby the government and the medical industries to promote CW as healthy--and it puts money back in the pockets of the agra conglomerates and the drug companies. I don't think it's conspiracy, it's greed.

Emtropy is offline Senior Member
    They don't care about health, as long as they make money. Take, for example, the CEO of Nestle. Complete nutter who wants to privatise water/food. But his chocolate is delicious, isn't it? So people will keep buying it. Not many people will look into where their chocolate comes from, so they don't care. It's the same with pseudo-health foods: we've all been told it's healthy, and, in a way, we want to believe it. So we eat it. And get fat. And it's our fault, somehow. "Didn't try hard enough" or whatever. "Try switching from semi-skimmed to skimmed". So while it is pure, utter greed, and not a conspiracy, I still find the whole thing kinda evil.

DinoHunter is offline Senior Member
    I vote for Idiotic Conspiracy......
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    Follow the money. The big agra conglomerates pay for US government officials. The big agra conglomerates lobby the government and the medical industries to promote CW as healthy--and it puts money back in the pockets of the agra conglomerates and the drug companies. I don't think it's conspiracy, it's greed.
    +1 except I do think that now it's a conspiracy. Like the Big Pharma execs that don't let their grandchildren get vaccinated, I believe Big Agra doesn't eat the shit it produces - it just sells it to the ignorant masses.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    I wouldn't call it a conspiracy, but there is always money involved. The big food companies plan advertising and food flavors around getting people addicted to their products rather than to promote any kind of healthy eating in consumers. There was a book about this recently...I think it is called Salt Sugar Fat?
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    +1 except I do think that now it's a conspiracy. Like the Big Pharma execs that don't let their grandchildren get vaccinated, I believe Big Agra doesn't eat the shit it produces - it just sells it to the ignorant masses.
    Me too!
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

MaceyUK is offline Senior Member
    Didn't start as a conspiracy just like all evil starts small. But now they know they are "in blood Stepp’d in so far that, should I wade no more, Returning were as tedious as go o’er" How can you tell the World that you have been selling them poison for years and telling them it would make them healthy? heaven forbid some rich suit might have to resign!

Zach is offline Banned
    Its a bit of everything, mainly fueled by greed and bad science. I wouldnt put it past big pharma, USDA, Monsanto, FDA and others to team up for a conspiracy of making the general population sick, weak and dumb.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast