Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: My Primal Existence page 2

HelenLouise is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Certainly sounds interesting. Hehe

Britt is offline Senior Member
    June 23, 2013

B: 2 slices bacon, 3 eggs in butter, coffee w/HWC (I'm exciting, I know)
    S: processed beef sticks at work. Gross. Should have just fasted.
    S: cherry tomatoes, carrots, olives (at home)
    D: Spanish "rice", red and green bell pepper, chicken, olives
    S: 25g 80% dark chocolate (6 pieces)

WOD: Work and rest. My upper spine is feeling much better. I have two more days of work, see my doc and my PT, so once I hit my weekend I'll be so ready for a proper workout.

Tomorrow is the end of my "week 0". I bought an Equal Exchange Panama Extra Dark (80%) chocolate as a treat. I'd regularly been eating a bar from Seattle that was a coconut truffle dark chocolate type thing, only to realize it was 53%. Which means I won't be eating it for awhile. So back to the real dark stuff!

At least it's nice to know my taste buds refuse to enjoy processed crap (again).
    "The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love and something to hope for." - Allan K. Chalmers (1759-1834)

Sounds like a good day! I like the look of the Spanish 'rice'.

I was skeptical at first, but I threw in chicken and peppers and felt like I was in my mother's kitchen sneaking a bite from the stove. Totally quashed any craving for cheap Mexican food with beans and tortillas.
    "The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love and something to hope for." - Allan K. Chalmers (1759-1834)

June 24, 2013

B: pumpkin porridge, coffee w/HWC
    L: 3 oz chicken breast, Brussels sprouts, butter, pumpkin custard thing (minimally sweetened)
    S: unsweetened iced tea
    D: Spanish "rice", bell pepper, 3 oz chicken, 1/2 avocado

WOD: I started with my usually joint mobility stuff from my PT, worked up to resistance bands, and then the Four Essential Movements. 40 wall push ups, 1 set. Huge deal for me since I haven't been able to do that and feel okay in about two years. 25 wall squats (my legs wimped out), 20 inverted rows per arm with 5 lb. weights (I can move up to 8 soon, I think; so low only because of my injury limitations), and hand/knee plank for 45 seconds. Side plank was about 30 seconds, but became a no-go d/t pain. Planks are still a little hard on my shoulders, but as I lose some more weight, I anticipate the load on them being a lot less.

So, kind of my own "beast mode" day yesterday. I feel muscles all around my injured shoulder and back that I haven't been able to actually feel in awhile (they've preferred to just wither away) so this is a pretty big deal for me. I'll take the DOMS any day if I can actually feel those muscles being worked.

I worked until 11 PM last night and again tonight, so I'm pretty tired. Drinking cold tea at work to keep me a little sharp without overloading on caffeine. I still managed to mop the entire store and do quite a bit without aggravating my muscles too. Very pleased.

June 25, 2013

B: 2 slices bacon, 2 eggs, 1/2 sweet potato w/butter, coffee w/HWC
    L: 1/4 lb burger on oopsie rolls, baby kosher dills, carrot sticks, cherry tomatoes, olives
    S: 1.5 oz almonds, unsweetened iced tea, another processed beef stick thing
    D: Spanish "rice" with chicken and 1/2 an avocado

WOD: Good ol' DOMS hit me so I rested and had work, which wasn't too strenuous. PT is very impressed with my progress and my pain/limitations went from 53% six months ago to a staggering 2%. I'm feeling great.

I also indicated I wouldn't be using a scale, but a tape measure instead and it felt good to be firm about that. I'm around 185 at 5'6" but still retain a fair amount of muscle, so I've never felt the scale is an accurate measure for me personally.

And on an unrelated note, I'm ecstatic with the striking down of DOMA today. Now my marriage is recognized under Washington State and federal law (finally). Another step forward!
    Last edited by Britt; 06-26-2013 at 08:37 AM.

Yay for your unrelated note! Not that I know what you mean, but you're excited so that's good.
    Good work with the exercising! What a great result!

The Defense of Marriage Act section that barred the federal government (here in the States) from recognizing same-sex marriages from states that have legalized same-sex marriage was struck down by the Supreme Court in a close 5-4 decision. So I actually look forward to filing my taxes now, hehe!

And thanks! I've been feeling it all over the past couple days but I think tomorrow might be a good day to jump right back in. It's only been a week since I've been back on track under 75g of carbs daily (I fell into a "safe starches" mode that did not agree with my body and triggered awful cravings), so I just have to be patient about the losing. But I've done it before!

Tandy is offline Member
    I'm just admiring the way you are sticking to it. I"m looking for some inspiration right now. And you have given me that! Thank you for sharing!
    "I came to live out loud!" -Emile Zola

I'm happy to help! I think part of my lapse was not utilizing the forums here. It can really help you hold yourself accountable and there's loads of support (like you folks posting here ).

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast