Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: My Primal Existence page 13

Britt is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Whole30, Day 11

Sleep: 2230 to 0615 (7 3/4 hours)

B: two HB eggs (one was frozen...?), 1/2 avocado, snap peas, 1/2 apple, coffee w/coconut milk (deja vu, 0700)
    D: chicken fried steak, kale, 1/2 sweet potato w/coconut oil, beets (1700)

While I've been going Whole30 pretty well, I've noticed my Primal tendency to eschew three meals and snacks becoming more prevalent.

To me that signals that I don't feel the need to snack like I had been (cheese is WAY to easy to snack on) which I'm happy about.

That, and I've taken to a bit of "French" eating. I'll easily take an hour to eat breakfast most mornings and it's truly a different experience.

Eating this way is really natural to me and I feel bad for some that feel like it gets too orthorexic for them. I hear a lot of people saying they worry about what's in everything and that begs the question, "Is the majority of your food still packaged?"

The majority of my food does not have a nutrition label or ingredients list and I think that's one of the main points.

I'm certainly not trying to shame anyone. Most people seem to do a Whole30 coming right out of a SAD diet and that's a lot of unlearning to do.

I've just come to realize the psychological factors of undertaking a Whole30 are so important. You can get halfway and think," Oh, I've learned to have a better relationship with food now. Good enough." That's what I did last year.

This time, I ask myself:

"Why do I want heavy cream instead of coconut milk in my coffee?"

Honestly, now that I'm enjoying coconut milk again, I don't have an honest answer.

"Am I craving chocolate because of stress or because I'd like to savor it?"

STRESS. ALWAYS.

"Am I eating fruit at the end of my meal to replace dessert?"

Probably...

It's about being honest with myself and I know Day 31 will be worlds different than Day 15. Just because Wednesday is hump day doesn't mean the week is over.

I'm fully committed to finishing this whole30 and I hope my mobile rambling helps anyone who is having a hard time. I may even extend to a whole40 or beyond.
    Last edited by Britt; 09-23-2013 at 11:13 AM.
    "The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love and something to hope for." - Allan K. Chalmers (1759-1834)

Whole30, Day 12

Sleep: 2230 to 0830 (10 hours)

B: steak, eggs, caramelized onions, 1/2 sweet potato, figs, coffee w/coconut milk (1000)
    L: leftover 2-egg shakshuka, cucumber, snap peas, olives, cherry tomatoes, 1/2 avocado, water (1600)
    S: figs, sliced almonds, flax seed, coconut flakes (1730)
    Last edited by Britt; 09-24-2013 at 12:12 PM.
    "The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love and something to hope for." - Allan K. Chalmers (1759-1834)

Whole 30, Day 13

Sleep: 2300 to 1000 (11 hours)

B: huevos pericos, 1/2 avocado, 1/2 peach, snap peas, coffee w/coconut milk (1200)
    D: steak, acorn squash w/coconut oil, beets, water (1900)
    S: three HB eggs w/salt, tomato, green beans, 1/2 banana (0145)

Headed into a night shift tonight. Going to have a cup of coffee before I go in. I'll eat when I get home and post it as the start of my Day 14.

I've definitely noticed my pants and clothes feeling looser and boy is it a good feeling.
    Last edited by Britt; 09-25-2013 at 01:39 AM.

Whole30, Day 14

Sleep: 0800 to 1230 (4 1/2 hours)

B: Mexican ground beef with peppers on an egg "tortilla" w/ avocado and green onions, coffee w/coconut milk (1345)
    D: Chicken thigh, sweet potato, brussels sprouts w/coconut oil, figs (2015)
    S: banana w/almond butter, tomato, green beans, 2 HB eggs w/salt & pepper (0145)

I would have slept longer, but I woke up wide awake then. Really liking my amber blue light blocking glasses, huge and dorky as they may be. Aww yeah, melatonin.

aww yeah melatonin.jpg
    Last edited by Britt; 09-26-2013 at 01:52 AM.

Whole 30, Day 15

Sleep: 0800 to 1630 (8 1/2 hours)

D: chicken thigh, roasted sweet potato, brussels sprouts, acorn squash, kale, salad, mushrooms, all with a little coconut oil, ghee, and schmaltz, apple w/almond butter (1900)

I didn't mean to sleep in like I did because it's my flip day, but my body needed it. I'm pretty sure I'll have no problem getting to sleep later tonight too. I just have to make sure to get enough to eat in my one meal. Not overeating, of course. But at least an adequate amount of protein (two-palms) to make up for eating nothing else.

I've also been eating sweet potatoes, squash, and fruit. Not in unlimited qualities, but usually a serving of sweet potato or squash and a serving of fruit a day. Now that I'm not eating carbohydrates in the form of ice cream or chocolate, it leaves a lot of room for more nutrient-dense foods!

My wedding ring flew off my hand the other day while I was making wild gestures and talking. Have no fear. It's inexpensive stainless steel (great for washing since we both work in nursing) so I'm not inherently worried about losing it (though that'd be a bummer). It may be time to buy another that's a different size, though. That, and my "small" jeans have become my comfortable jeans.
    Last edited by Britt; 09-26-2013 at 07:46 PM.

Whole30, Day 16

Sleep: 0015 to 0530 (5 1/4 hours)

B: Mexican ground beef and peppers on two-egg "tortilla", 1/2 avocado, coffee w/coconut milk (0645)
    L: chicken thigh, 1/3 small sweet potato, brussels sprouts, squash, all with don't coconut oil (1130)
    S: olives, snap peas, pickles (1700)
    D: pot roast, squash, carrots, kale, mushrooms, leeks, all covered in pan gravy, mulled tea (1900)
    Last edited by Britt; 09-28-2013 at 07:25 AM.

HelenLouise is offline Senior Member
    You seem to have so much discipline when it comes to food.

Thanks, hehe! I've found that Whole30 works well for me because it gives me an excuse to not "treat" myself. It's my answer to the internal "why not?". And on turn, treat myself in healthier ways (quality meats, new clothes, etc).

That, and I have another thirty pounds or so to lose still. I carry out well, but I - really- want to finally know what it's like to be at a proper weight.
    Last edited by Britt; 09-27-2013 at 05:32 PM.

Whole30, Day 16

Sleep: 2215 to 0545 (7.5 hours)

B: Mexican ground beef with peppers on an egg "tortilla", 1/2 an avocado, coffee w/coconut milk (0630)
    S: almonds, olives, and a honeycrisp apple (1100)
    L: pot roast, carrots, gravy, chai tea w/coconut milk (1530)
    D: burger on bed of kale and onions w/tomato slices (2045)

I eat the same things so often that my autocorrect knows what I ate. >.>

And I used grain-fed beef. And I can SO tell the difference between it and the grass-finished from my farmer. Blech.
    Last edited by Britt; 09-28-2013 at 09:36 PM.

Whole30, Day 17

B: sad, wannabe huevos pericos, coffee w/coconut milk (0630)
    L: chicken curry w/cauliflower and mushrooms (1600)

Forgot to have dinner, but I have a nice burger with a fried egg, avocado, and tomato waiting for me in the morning.
    Last edited by Britt; 09-29-2013 at 09:27 PM.

Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast