Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Primal Journal. page

DaphneCecilia08 is offline Junior Member

My Primal Journal.

Shop Now
    Ok, I'm the kind of person who will start something and not finish, I just get bored. I've been primal for about a month now, and I can tell you I feel more energetic, lost 15 lbs. already, less stressed and my mood is way better according to my husband. So, hopefully I can keep this up. My biggest challenge is that I'm starting Nursing school in the Fall and I will probally have a hard time keeping food on the table, exercising and juggling 2 kids all at the same time without going completely insane. But one thing that I've considered is that not only do nurses treat and care for patients, they should be an example of optimal health. I want to be a better role model for my children and to help educate people on the healthier way of eating and living, and going Primal fits that bill. I'm excited to take on this life-long journey!

Britt is online now Senior Member
    Hi there! Fellow future nursing student here too.

Through getting my pre-reqs finished and working full-time, I found emergency protein like hardboiled eggs and intermittent fasting to be my best friends. Once you're fat-adapted, IFing becomes pretty natural without wreaking havoc on your concentration.

Good luck!
    "The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love and something to hope for." - Allan K. Chalmers (1759-1834)

Hey! Thanks for the tips, it should definitely help out a lot. I've also thought about making large meals and freezing in portions for reheating. And snack baggies with almonds, raw veggies and homemade jerky is also cool, because I can stuff them in my bag. Lol

B: 2 eggs with spinach, mushroom and 1/2 avocado, 3 cups black coffee.

S: handful of almonds.

L: sauteed cabbage with garlic and pork belly slices.

S: I was ambitious and made kale chips today.

D: having porksteaks on the grill (yum), roasted beets in coconut oil, salt and pepper, and braised greens (beet, kale and spinach, curried) yum...

I did 20 jumping jacks, a little low on the number but at least I can do them now... lol
    Took the kiddos for a walk around the neighborhood.

Ok, I hate beets. I thought I would give them a try, but my husband and 1 year old loved them. The greens from the beets were tasty though.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Oh, I think you would like golden beets. Much better flavor than red beets.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Ya, I came by them on accident yesterday while reading around on the internet (after I ate the red beets), so I am definitely going to be checking them out. I always like to try new things.

Wow! Today was a busy day. Woke up, wasn't too hungry so I decided to treat myself to a couple of strawberries and almonds. I put coconut oil in my coffee, um-that was gross. But I drank it the best I could. I'm trying to become fat adaptive. Well, then my step dad called, said they had a whole bunch of fence to take down today to recycle and that they were around the corner-so I dashed around to get dressed. Got to the fence and realized that the poles of the fence still had concrete on them, they were heavy! To my surprise I lifted quite a few and had TONS of energy. Do you think it might be due to the fat I've introduced to my diet? I'm new to the whole fat adaptive stuff and would really appreciate ideas from more experienced primal persons out there.
    Anyway, so then we stopped back by my moms house and she fixed stupid cream of chicken soup straight out of the can and the only fresh produce she had at the time was strawberries....just my luck, so I ate a few and then now I'm home, roasting a chicken, really cant wait until it's done because I am famished. Will probably have broccoli and cucumber slices because those sound so cool and refreshing after a day in the hot sun lifting concrete. At least I got my heavy lifting and sunshine time in today.

Britt is online now Senior Member
    I've definitely found a little extra fat in my coffee in the mornings gives me lasting energy. I buy heavy cream in a glass bottle and it tends to have chunks of butterfat in it, so I just pour it indiscriminately. Coconut oil or milk in coffee is definitely an acquired taste though. I do find myself craving it at times. Jealous of the heavy lifting you got to do today!
    "The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love and something to hope for." - Allan K. Chalmers (1759-1834)

The only problem I have with heavy cream is that I cant tolerate dairy well, or I would use it. Maybe I should try coconut milk.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast