Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Primal Journal. page 2

DaphneCecilia08 is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    It is hot hot hot here in Illinois, so needless to say I did not do anything exercise related. I did try to clean house, but with 2 toddlers it became a losing battle.

B: 2 hardboiled eggs, 3 cups of coffee, 1 with coconut oil- I am going to try coconut milk tomorrow.

S: almonds, my go-to snack.

L: leftover chicken from last night- the skin was still crispy, and what I like to call "fried salad"- broccoli, carrot strips, bacon bits, red onion stir-fried in coconut oil, garlic and ginger.

D: Tonight I'm making the husband grill some guacamole stuffed burgers. And I will probally make curried bok choy (if you haven't noticed, I love curry powder, it is my go-to spice).

leighlu is offline Member
    Coconut milk is the bomb. You will love it!

You are right, coconut milk in coffee is the bomb!

So, today I got a little discouraged when I weighed myself....total weight loss so far is 15lbs, but I haven't dropped anything for 2 weeks. I know that the scales are evil, but I dont have a tape measure. And what made it even worse is that after I had eaten dinner, I was still so hungry that I craved chinese dumplings (my ultimate downfall). I actually considered eating a piece of bread. It took a lot of talk from my husband to stay on the right path, reminding me that all progress takes time and that everything will be better in the long run. I'm so happy that I do have a good support system through him. He is Asian and loves his rice-but he hasn't touched the 5lb bag of brown rice I still have in the pantry in support. The inlaws are coming next week and I'm giving that bag of rice to them....lol.

I'm sure that everyone struggles at one time or another and that I'm not alone. I definitely have to get rid of the typical American mindset that says "I want it NOW".

Britt is offline Senior Member
    All my feels. Have any yarn around? Take a few stands and do different measurements (one for waist, thigh, etc) and mark with scotch tape (label each strand). Every couple weeks, measure and remark a new spot to show your progress.

It helps remove "the numbers". I use a tape measure myself, but if numbers get you down and stressed, I say go for the yarn/string.

Good vibes coming your way!
    "The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love and something to hope for." - Allan K. Chalmers (1759-1834)

Hey, thats a wonderful idea! The thought never even occured to me. I will start that today and see how it goes. Thanks a bunch Britt!

I didnt write in the journal last night because I went on a date night with my husband. And we did have chinese- I was good. and very proud of myself, no rice, no lo mein.

Yesterday:

B: the usual 3 cups of coffee with coconut milk which rocked. I was craving fat and decided that I would eat a whole avocado. It was delicious.

S: no time for one because I had to mow the yard and then run to get groceries.

L: got some uncured bacon and braised cabbage in with the bacon bits.....so good.

D: at the restaurant I had water, steamed broccoli and grilled steak. Yes, I know the oil was probably not a good one- but I guess I can have sort of a cheat day. There was no sauce over it and it tasted fresh.
    My husband, who indulged on a carb overload of rice and breaded things soon reported that he felt lazy and his stomach was in a lot of pain. He accepted it as a lesson and said that he doesnt want to eat out again for a long time. Lol. I know there are places in other parts of the world where you can get a sensible primal meal, but here in the midwest- finding something on the menu that isnt corn based or covered in flour in extremely hard. And I can see some of the staff lying about what would really be in the food just to get rid of your questions. Or maybe not. Have a wonderful day everyone!

I am a little ashamed of my complaint post about how I haven't lost any weight for 2 weeks. I know I have lost because I went to try new clothes on and to my astonishment I have dropped 2 dress sizes. Needless to say, I left the store an extremely happy girl.

Yesterday:

B: bacon and eggs, 2 cups of coffee.

L: braised some kale and mushrooms in leftover bacon grease. I had accidently bought too much kale and needed to use it up.

S: 1/2 avocado (I wasnt lying when I said that I'm in love with avocados)

D: broiled citrus chicken breast and a heaping amount of brussel sprouts with coconut oil on top.

I need to get more non cruciferous veggies, but they are cheap right now, and most abundant where I live.
    I also need to increase my intake of fish and seafood, but the price is a problem. My budget only allows so much for a week, and paying a hefty amount for only 1 meal in a week of a small amount of fish does not make sense to me.

Britt is offline Senior Member
    Canned clams make a quick chowder that isn't too pricey. Costco has canned salmon at a decent price too, if you have a membership.

A favorite of mine is tuna salad with homemade mayo on big slices of beefsteak tomato. Or salmon patties with homemade tartar sauce.

Congrats on the dress sizes!
    "The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love and something to hope for." - Allan K. Chalmers (1759-1834)

Today I woke up to some horrible news, but right now I'm doing ok with it. Everything always works out in the end-it just means that my family and I need to go a different way.

I IF'd yesterday so I dont have a food log, but we took the kids to the park and had a water balloon fight which was fun. Its really getting hot here and I can feel it draining my energy, hopefully sometime it will try to cool down but I doubt it.

Have a wonderful day!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12