Hi everyone! I just started my first week of going primal. I've been reading about it for a long time, and evangelized the primal/paleo lifestyle to people even though I hadn't made the commitment to doing it myself. To me, it just made sense logically, but I probably didn't have the willpower to do it until now.

Like I said, I've been reading Mark's website for like a year and a half, but only just today splurged and bought the book. I think I mistakenly believed that the website was pretty much the book, but I'm hearing that's wrong.

I've been classically pudgy in the middle my whole life - skinny arms and legs, and what I call my wheat belly. I lost it all in college doing all the wrong things and it came back soon after. Now that I've got a 6 and a 5 year old, I want to get lean, mean and strong not just for them, but for me too.

So one week in, the diet is hard and easy at the same time. I haven't had any trouble giving up sugar and grains at all, but finding things that are primal-friendly to eat has been a challenge.

This is also my first week of really working out too, and I've cobbled together a bunch of different ideas from everywhere - bodyweight, SimpleFit, Shovelglove, and even HIIT on the elliptical at my gym at work to start building strength and endurance. I'm weak as a kitten right now, because of a really sedentary lifestyle for most of my life, but so far this feels right and I REALLY WANT a 6 pack. Ha!

So anyway - howdy y'all! A special shout to all of the Florida and Orlando primals here - any local meetups?