Thread: Hello from sunny Orlando, FL! page

Todd is offline Junior Member

Hello from sunny Orlando, FL!

Primal Fuel
    Hi everyone! I just started my first week of going primal. I've been reading about it for a long time, and evangelized the primal/paleo lifestyle to people even though I hadn't made the commitment to doing it myself. To me, it just made sense logically, but I probably didn't have the willpower to do it until now.

Like I said, I've been reading Mark's website for like a year and a half, but only just today splurged and bought the book. I think I mistakenly believed that the website was pretty much the book, but I'm hearing that's wrong.

I've been classically pudgy in the middle my whole life - skinny arms and legs, and what I call my wheat belly. I lost it all in college doing all the wrong things and it came back soon after. Now that I've got a 6 and a 5 year old, I want to get lean, mean and strong not just for them, but for me too.

So one week in, the diet is hard and easy at the same time. I haven't had any trouble giving up sugar and grains at all, but finding things that are primal-friendly to eat has been a challenge.

This is also my first week of really working out too, and I've cobbled together a bunch of different ideas from everywhere - bodyweight, SimpleFit, Shovelglove, and even HIIT on the elliptical at my gym at work to start building strength and endurance. I'm weak as a kitten right now, because of a really sedentary lifestyle for most of my life, but so far this feels right and I REALLY WANT a 6 pack. Ha!

So anyway - howdy y'all! A special shout to all of the Florida and Orlando primals here - any local meetups?

Todd is offline Junior Member
    Alrighty - my copy of Primal Blueprint showed up last night and now I have something to write in. I never consider a book properly loved until it has been marked up!

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    welcome Todd!

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Fatkid is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Todd!!!... Good luck on your journey!..

I'm a Primal in Melbourne, FL! so far I don't know of any Primals in the area but maybe with time we can spread the news!!!

Fatkid

weechar13 is offline Junior Member
    Hey guys! I'm Charlotte! Brand spankin new to primal and not fully primal yet. Todd, I am also in orlando and meetup.com has an orlando primal/paleo group on there by the way.

Rochxyde is offline Junior Member
    Welcome! I did the same as you at first -- preached and preached but couldn't set the example. I finally gave an effort in February, and even losing 30 lbs so far won't stop the heckling from them if I do have a "cheat" while at work. Oh well, I'm still the one is who actually losing weight :P

I am in Clearwater, by the way!

markedIVlife is offline Junior Member
    Damn finally some Florida people ! I'm in st. Lucie . There is a great group on Facebook primal / paleo lifestyle I'm the only Florida person though ! Lol
    My mother always told me " your just big boned "
    I tell her there's no such thing as a fat skeleton !!!! Lol

phigment is online now Senior Member
    hey everbody, glad to meet you all. I'm in gainesville

valmason01 is online now Senior Member
    Hi everyone! How exciting to see Florida people here. I am in Gainesville
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs