Thread: Grokkin' Out - My Primal Journal page

Grokkin is offline Junior Member

Grokkin' Out - My Primal Journal

Shop Now
    I've chosen the primal way of life because I believe in the science behind it, and frankly, it just makes sense.

I'll be posting here regularly and hope to be active here on the MDA forum. I plan on beginning my journey soon. I expect my weight to be somewhere around 270-275lbs.

My goal is to get down to somewhere below 200 lbs. I've been 250+ lbs for so long that I have no clue how I will even look once I get that low. That's why I'm not picking a specific number. My goal weight could be 200, 190, 180, or even 170. I have no clue and plan on making that decision once I reach 200 lbs.

I plan on reaching my goal weight within one year, or at the very least by the end of 2014. Wish me luck!
    Last edited by Grokkin; 06-28-2013 at 07:28 PM.

awok677 is offline Senior Member
    Good luck! I get the same rush from doing stuff that makes fundamental sense to me.

Yup, I have the same rough plan. I probably have another 20 or so lbs to lose, but I can't pin an end figure on it because I'm seeing body composition changes. So now I'm closer to my goals (down nearly 50lbs in 8 months) I'm just going with the flow and focusing on how I look and reducing BF%.
    Me, My Father and The Alzheimer's - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread84213.html

Grokkin is offline Junior Member
    Well I haven't made any more progress towards turning primal.

I'm still sitting on my fat butt eating carbs like they were crack. I feel like crap and need to actually make this change. I hate how addicted to sugar I am. Sugar and bread. It's just about as bad as a drug addiction.

I need to just dive right in and go for it. No more talking about it!
    SW: 275 lbs / CW: 272.4 lbs / GW: 175 lbs

Tandy is offline Member
    I have been struggling after being loosely primal for almost 3 months. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one here. I appreciate your honestly. I have posted more about my journey at Tandy's Playful Primal Journey if you want to read more about it. I am brutally honest as well.
    "I came to live out loud!" -Emile Zola