Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Is there such thing as too much meat? Dizziness page 5

Miguelinileugim is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Now you're obsessing about not obsessing. Welcome to the club, lol.
    *must* *relax* *NOW!*
    High five!

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Good. Sounds like you are getting it. Hopefully, over time your IBS will be healed and nuts and dairy can be included again.

I'm doing great, thank you. I am mostly carnivorous with plants as sauces, decorations, flavorings. So I don't believe that too much meat is bad for you. Too much obsessing is.

You will be fine. I only wish I had discovered Primal eating at your age.
    Got the idea, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldergirl View Post
    I think a lot of people didn't read/understand that you have IBS. There's a reason that you don't eat starches and grains, and it makes sense. Don't listen to them telling you to eat starches and grains when you have a medical reason not to.

As for amounts of food eaten, I understand wanting to fine-tune what exactly you eat and make sure it's right. That may be your way of understanding this complex thing called eating right. That's what I did for a while. Once you get in a habit of eating and have assimilated your dietary knowledge, it should be easier not to worry. As it is, contemplate the ratios of carbs, fats and proteins in your head and theorize all you want about what works and doesn't. But, don't let all that theorizing get in the way of EATING! Follow your cravings with healthy fats, veggies, fruits and meats and don't worry about how much of each you ate. They are all good for you!

I'm pregnant, and I often find myself worrying, "Oh no, am I eating too much protein and my baby will be too small? If I eat too many carbs, will my baby be to big to push out? Am I going to get gestational diabetes? Am I getting enough iron?" I fret and I stew about what to eat until I hear Knifegill (my husband's) voice in my head: "Eat da FOODZ!" Then, I go and eat. I buy what's healthy and nothing that's not, and I eat whatever I'm craving that I know is healthy.
    Rather than a medical reason is my own experience, but yes I'm pretty much sure carbohydrates and dairy trigger my IBS

And even if I'm obsessive, I end up eating whatever appeals to me (unless it's not primal). For example this morning I've eaten my mandatory tin of sardines, some broccoli, butter and... blood sausage from Burgos!

Aldergirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguelinileugim View Post
    Rather than a medical reason is my own experience, but yes I'm pretty much sure carbohydrates and dairy trigger my IBS

And even if I'm obsessive, I end up eating whatever appeals to me (unless it's not primal). For example this morning I've eaten my mandatory tin of sardines, some broccoli, butter and... blood sausage from Burgos!
    Being pregnant, your foods really don't appeal to me AT ALL, LOL! But, I'm glad you're eating what you enjoy and crave .

Quote Originally Posted by Aldergirl View Post
    Being pregnant, your foods really don't appeal to me AT ALL, LOL! But, I'm glad you're eating what you enjoy and crave .
    You should really try the bloody sausage, it's delicious

EatMoveSleep is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikee5 View Post
    I'm not a Primal skeptic, I truly believe in Primal but I don't support the idea of Mark advocating a lower carbohydrate intake and, in my opinion, the misleading and flawed 'carbohydrate curve'.
    I agree with everything you said but question this line.

My take an the carb curb is this:
    - His trying to give a basic guide line that covers most people ( adult people - with 'sit down' jobs)
    - His readers are mostly adults, not growing teenagers that need plenty of good carbs to grow.
    - He often says the carb ( good carbs) intake should match the level of activity - eg a high level of activity is done by professional athletes and growing teenagers ( just the growing bit is a high level of activity in my opinion - not counting movement)

So in that light, I don't have a problem with is carb curve guideline.
    Last edited by EatMoveSleep; 06-21-2013 at 05:50 PM.

patski is offline Senior Member
    Mark has also said not to obsess over macros and that some folks fare better on a higher carb version of primal eating.

Carb Refeeding and Weight Loss | Mark's Daily Apple
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345