Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Is there such thing as too much meat? Dizziness page 4

Miguelinileugim is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Got the idea, I'll eat whatever appeals to me at the moment that is primal, even if it seems excessive or not enough (though I won't eat nuts or dairy because of IBS).

Thanks!

P.S: Just wondering, how are you doing now with primal?

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguelinileugim View Post
    Somebody tell me what's happening please?
    You're eating a shitty inappropriate diet and you're feeling the results.

I've eaten 2 steaks and went to bed but woke up an hour later sweating. Excess protein is no good, stop trying to use it as a fuel source and eat some other foods. We aren't carnivores.
    Last edited by Forgotmylastusername; 06-20-2013 at 12:45 AM.

Mikee5 is offline Senior Member
    I have this feeling you're going to return with another post not too long from now, still toying with the idea of ketosis and demonstrating obsessive behaviour patterns with food, because you seem to ignore the advice given to you since you claim not have an ED.

Stop stressing. Do you know there's an 80/20 rule with Primal? That means eating Primal 80% of the time and allowing yourself to indulge 20%. You'd eat dark chocolate containing sugar but shy away from fruit and starches? Chill out, relax and eat according to your appetite.

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    I'm a carnivore. And eat over a pound of meat most days, with a side of several eggs, and never wake up sweating. I also eat berries and chocolate and aged cheeses and tea and coconut milk and coffee and dandelions and nettle and kiwis and spices and OMGWHOCARES. We're all so different it doesn't matter if doctor oz up there thinks two steaks made him sweaty. I eat five steaks and just feel full for awhile. Are you getting enough magnesium? I hate pills, but magnesium cured my high blood pressure and more. How much magnesium do you get?

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I believe the young, male, obsessive guys around here SHOULD eat pizza and ice cream as their 20%. The other 80% should be as much of anything primal as they want, heavy on the steak, potatoes and vegetables with all the butter and bacon they desire. The only counting they should do is how much weight is on the bar and it better be more than last time.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

Miguelinileugim is offline Senior Member
    OK, let's see if I get the main ideas:

-Too much protein is possibly bad
    -There's no need to be obsessive about food
    -The effects of eating food vary from person to person (also I eat lots of fruits and a little of dark chocolate, so magnesium probably isn't a problem I guess)
    -You should eat, up to a 20%, of anything you enjoy

OK, so I'll try to eat less meat and more fat, while caring less about perfectionism and maybe even eating an ice-cream or something enjoyable from time to time.

Thanks!

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Now you're obsessing about not obsessing. Welcome to the club, lol.
    *must* *relax* *NOW!*

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguelinileugim View Post
    Got the idea, I'll eat whatever appeals to me at the moment that is primal, even if it seems excessive or not enough (though I won't eat nuts or dairy because of IBS).

Thanks!

P.S: Just wondering, how are you doing now with primal?
    Good. Sounds like you are getting it. Hopefully, over time your IBS will be healed and nuts and dairy can be included again.

I'm doing great, thank you. I am mostly carnivorous with plants as sauces, decorations, flavorings. So I don't believe that too much meat is bad for you. Too much obsessing is.

You will be fine. I only wish I had discovered Primal eating at your age.

Aldergirl is offline Senior Member
    I think a lot of people didn't read/understand that you have IBS. There's a reason that you don't eat starches and grains, and it makes sense. Don't listen to them telling you to eat starches and grains when you have a medical reason not to.

As for amounts of food eaten, I understand wanting to fine-tune what exactly you eat and make sure it's right. That may be your way of understanding this complex thing called eating right. That's what I did for a while. Once you get in a habit of eating and have assimilated your dietary knowledge, it should be easier not to worry. As it is, contemplate the ratios of carbs, fats and proteins in your head and theorize all you want about what works and doesn't. But, don't let all that theorizing get in the way of EATING! Follow your cravings with healthy fats, veggies, fruits and meats and don't worry about how much of each you ate. They are all good for you!

I'm pregnant, and I often find myself worrying, "Oh no, am I eating too much protein and my baby will be too small? If I eat too many carbs, will my baby be to big to push out? Am I going to get gestational diabetes? Am I getting enough iron?" I fret and I stew about what to eat until I hear Knifegill (my husband's) voice in my head: "Eat da FOODZ!" Then, I go and eat. I buy what's healthy and nothing that's not, and I eat whatever I'm craving that I know is healthy.

Bifcus is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldergirl View Post
    I fret and I stew about what to eat until I hear Knifegill (my husband's) voice in my head: "Eat da FOODZ!" Then, I go and eat. I buy what's healthy and nothing that's not, and I eat whatever I'm craving that I know is healthy.
    Way to go, girl!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast