Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is there such thing as too much meat? Dizziness page 3

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguelinileugim View Post
    Interesting... OK, I'll do it the opposite way, I'll super-primalize me with a fairly high amount of carbs from fruit and then I'll listen to my body to fine-tune everything.

And about lack of background knowledge, about whom are you talking about?
    I'm talking about me, I have NO background in nutrition, wet chemistry or biology. None, ever. I'm learning as fast as I can go, but that seems very slow. I'm very hesitant to recommend anything that I haven't done myself and has had clear, good results. And I realize that doesn't mean that the same thing would work for every body.

Low-carb is 100 - 150 g. Very Low Carb is 50 - 100 g, what Mark calls the "Sweet Spot" for weight loss. Ketonic is < 50 g. Carnivore is 0 g.

I think your decision is a good one.

Caveat: we have several trolls here. Ignore them.
    Last edited by Cryptocode; 06-19-2013 at 07:29 PM.
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Miguelinileugim is offline Senior Member
    Trolls? I haven't read a single profanity since I'm here...

Anyway, what do you understand as "slow" learning? How much do you read every day?

Here's a source that you definitely must read
    Polyphasic Society | Sleep Well, Learn Well, Live Well

patski is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikee5 View Post
    I'm not a Primal skeptic, I truly believe in Primal but I don't support the idea of Mark advocating a lower carbohydrate intake and, in my opinion, the misleading and flawed 'carbohydrate curve'.

Ketosis and low carbohydrate dieting is for people with very damaged metabolisms who have been consuming processed foods excessively for prolonged periods of time, i.e. older folk, morbidly obese individuals, those who are extremely metobically resistant etc. and only for a temporary period of time, where one can successfully gradually increase carbohydrate consumption.

There are so many health risks associated with low carb, it affects your hormones, thyroid, develops insulin resistence etc. the VLC folk here can disagree with me and that's fine, but the experiences of some who have restricted carbohydrates for a prologned period of time is enough to prove anybody wrong. Young people especially need to avoid glucose deprivation, it will destroy your organs, destroy hormone balance, rapid aging, fatigue, overall poor mental clarity and uncertainty.

What young man eats green vegetables and limited fruit for glucose? Bake some sweet potato (I prefer white) fries, eat bananas, eat white rice. These are all good sources of starch and provide immediate energy. Eat berries, apples, grapes, oranges etc. you NEED sugar. Just enjoy Primal foods overall. I seriously suggest you increase your carbohydrates immediately before your blood sugar drops too low with all that protein and no sugar or starch. I had moments where I was unalert and disorientated after an omelette or steak so severely I had to lay down and my father nearly called an ambulance. Do you know that your electrolytes are probably out of whack, too? You don't eat dairy so minimum calcium and you have limited vegetables and fruit so limited potassium and magnesium. Just research the defeciency symptoms of each of these minerals.

I better stop before I get attacked lolz. I am not diagnosing you, I'm not a nutritionist, just speaking from experience and research. Please forget the idea of ketosis. Primal isn't a meat-only diet. Vegetables and fruits are more nutritious, starch and sugar works wonders for energy and protein builds strength and also provides energy. Fat is great for satiation. If you want to know more and need help you can always message me.
    THIS.

Bravo!

*claps*
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Paleobird Guest
    VLC ketogenic carnivore checking in here to say that this youngster does not need to be anywhere near ketosis. From his other posts I rather suspect the OP has an eating disorder.

OP, child, just relax and EAT. All kinds of foods in large quantities. If you want to get orthorexic and OCD about something just make sure that you only eat high quality foods with no artificial ingredients.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    VLC ketogenic carnivore checking in here to say that this youngster does not need to be anywhere near ketosis. From his other posts I rather suspect the OP has an eating disorder.

OP, child, just relax and EAT. All kinds of foods in large quantities. If you want to get orthorexic and OCD about something just make sure that you only eat high quality foods with no artificial ingredients.
    Nope, I don't have any eating disorder, I'm just really obsessive with things...

And "all kinds of foods" include bread, pasta and suffering, so I guess that there are some things that I shouldn't eat

Just wondering, how much fruit is necessary to stay out of ketosis? I've eaten 7 plums and I was planning to eat a bit of dark chocolate and a couple of apricots, that's enough carbohydrates right?

Thanks

Paleobird Guest
    Nope, I don't have any eating disorder, I'm just really obsessive with things...

And "all kinds of foods" include bread, pasta and suffering, so I guess that there are some things that I shouldn't eat

Just wondering, how much fruit is necessary to stay out of ketosis? I've eaten 7 plums and I was planning to eat a bit of dark chocolate and a couple of apricots, that's enough carbohydrates right?

Thanks
    Rephrasing: All kinds of Primal foods. Yes, stay away from the grain (I thought that was a given). What I meant was try not to obsess over macros.

The fact that you know you ate 7 plums as opposed to 6 or 8 or "a handful" means you are obsessing too much. Stop that and EAT.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member

You know what? I don't think people under 18 need to worry too much about eating bread/pizza/pasta if they are eating a whole bunch of whole foods as well.

Thanks
    Why is ketosis a particular goal of yours?

Your should be shooting for growth, not autophagy.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Rephrasing: All kinds of Primal foods. Yes, stay away from the grain (I thought that was a given). What I meant was try not to obsess over macros.

The fact that you know you ate 7 plums as opposed to 6 or 8 or "a handful" means you are obsessing too much. Stop that and EAT.
    I said 7 because that was the amount left, then I said that I was planning to eat "a bit" and "a couple" not 10g of chocolate or 3.5 apricots

OK, so your advice it's just to eat without worrying? But wouldn't it be better if I wanted to fine-tune my diet? You yourself are following a very peculiar variant of primal right?

Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    You know what? I don't think people under 18 need to worry too much about eating bread/pizza/pasta if they are eating a whole bunch of whole foods as well.

Why is ketosis a particular goal of yours?

Your should be shooting for growth, not autophagy.
    I think you've slightly lost it

Mark strongly arguments against any sort of grain, no matter your age, and I've said "to stay out of ketosis" not "to enter ketosis"

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I said 7 because that was the amount left, then I said that I was planning to eat "a bit" and "a couple" not 10g of chocolate or 3.5 apricots

OK, so your advice it's just to eat without worrying? But wouldn't it be better if I wanted to fine-tune my diet? You yourself are following a very peculiar variant of primal right?
    I am over 50, have epilepsy, and a history of cancer. You are young and healthy. There is a big difference. You need food, lots of it. Good clean Primal food, but lots of it in whatever macro happens to come along that day without over-thinking the situation.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast