Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I love Primal but does anyone have a sweet tooth fix?????????? page

jedward2 is offline Senior Member

Talking I love Primal but does anyone have a sweet tooth fix??????????

i have read chocolate every once in a while is ok but just wanted to see if anyone had another sweet tooth fix.

fyrespryte is offline Senior Member
    I don't know how long you've been primal, but if you're just starting out...In my transition period, I've been taking bites or sips of whatever it was I was craving. I found that a bite or two, or a sip of soda killed the craving and now it's gotten to the point where I'm barely craving anything and when I do indulge, like the two sips of my fiance's coke that I had the other day, it was awful...way too sweet and syrupy. I actually had to rinse my mouth out.

Annika is offline Senior Member
    Berries and heavy cream has become my go-to dessert. Very yummy, especially strawberries.
    My blog: Pretty Good Paleo
    On Twitter: @NEKLocalvore

Helen in Oz is offline Senior Member
    a little fruit. find Batty's Blueberry Coconut balls.

I find now that I've ditched the sugar, even plain cream tastes quite sweet. For dessert sometimes I'll microwave half a pear and have that dusted with cinnamon and cream.

kmacphee is offline Senior Member
    If I can find a low carb cheesecake then I am in heaven! Otherwise, berries with heavy cream and nuts topped with a few pieces of dark chocolate works well.

Banana Nut Butter cake has been perfect topped with whip cream or heated with butter.

Cashew lara bar but it has 22g sugar from the dates so I have to be careful not to make that a habit.

Smoothies with milk, coconut milk, berries and a tiny bit of maple syrup comes out just sweet enough.

Green Goddess Pudding works well

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    I have a sweet tooth but it really does subside and your tastes change after staying off the sugar for a while. 70% or darker chocolate or a cup of berries is plenty sweet for me now, and carrots and beets start to taste really sweet as well. I refuse to believe that a couple of squares of organic 70% chocolate is going to be the principal cause of anyone's undoing, when your neighbor is probably inhaling a pint of Ben & Jerry's right now.

Katie82 is offline Senior Member
    Dates, split open, stuffed with nut butter of your choice and dipped in coconut flakes. Just a few of these always cures my sweet cravings.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    I don't get it... she wants a cure for sweet tooth yet you guys recommend sweets.

I'd say just go a week with very little carbs and no fruits at all. You'll crave only fats after that.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

lmyers04 is offline Senior Member
    Frozen apple is good. its cold, reminds me of ice cream.

Katie82 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I don't know as the OP wants a cure. It sounds like they just want some ideas for things that are primal and sweet? Not everyone here is watching carbs so much, atleast that's the way I read it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast