Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal cookbooks? page

Tigerllo is offline Junior Member

Shop Now

Has anyone found any good cookbooks that are especially primal friendly?

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

I thought that Mark was working on one to be finished after the PB book... is that right? Mark? Anyone?

Meanwhile, there are lots of great websites that post primal recipes (including my own blog. haha)

... and I've found kitchen inspiration by flipping through "regular" cookbooks and then using a recipe as a jumping-off point for something primal. I don't know how comfy you are with "playing" in the kitchen though so that may not work for some people.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

I've found "Raw" cookbooks to be helpful.

Here's a site that has a number of paleo recipes.

http://www.paleofood.com/

Tigerllo is offline Junior Member

Thanks for the help. I am kind of a cookbook addict and I am trying to find some primal things in my collection but I wondered if there was a better way. I hope there will be a PB II recipes book!

SullynNH Guest

Was wondering if something was out there...Mark should collect recipes from folks on here to help compile a book...

karlin is offline Junior Member

Nourishing Traditions has some good recipes.

Tarlach is offline Member

There's always the paleocookbook:

http://www.paleocookbook.com/

I have not considered buying the books as the author seems to think that olive oil, salt, soy sauce, peas, sweet potato, mayonnaise, paprika, tomato, cayenne pepper, honey, flaxseed, protein powder, chilli, tomato pasta sauce, capsicum, maple syrup, arrowroot, butter, chocolate, millet flour and goats cheese are all paleo ingredients.

I do not

If you follow the PB - YMMV

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . . Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
    Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )
    Legumes (soy/beans/peas etc)

evil_O Guest

I would be in like Flynn on purchasing a PB cookbook from Mr. Sisson.

*keeping eye out*

I am a recipe freak. But lately, I end up flipping through them and then saying "Oh, I could do soooo much better with this and that and this", so I have this huge recipe binder full of 'inspirations' ;-)

I even 'eye-ball' my baking to the tune of a dash of baking powder here, some Almond Flour there, pinch of salt and voila! my own recipe, but I'll bed darned if I know how to replicate it!

I would by Mark's Cookbook though, since my roots are still tied to LOVING cookbooks, especially with full-featured photos!

hannahc is offline Senior Member

I've found gluten free recipes to be helpful sometimes, as long as you're not going for bread replacement type recipes. Though mostly I've been searching through the recipe archives on this site and having great success with nearly all of the recipes I've tried. Especially good: stuffed eggplant, cobb salad, and primal jambalaya!

You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast