Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: For or Against - Coffee drinking is beneficial to health? page

Finn Felton is offline Junior Member

For or Against - Coffee drinking is beneficial to health?

Shop Now
    I asked this question for a reason. Most of us will say "Yes". But do you really know that coffee, the drink which you relish after waking up in the morning, can be dangerous if not taken care about.

If you love coffee then it is very likely that you'll be in the habit of drinking coffee in no time. If you get addicted of it then you may have to face hard time in recovering from what is called, "caffeine withdrawal".

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    I usually drink coffee in the morning. If I happen to be out of coffee, I won't drink it. No withdrawals here.

But I will have one drink in the morning. I know people who have 3 or 4 cups, and yes, they get headaches if they don't meet their quota. If you're up to that point, I would recommend going cold turkey for a few weeks. Then bring coffee back in, you'll be re-acclimated, and one cup will work quite nicely

I also think there's a placebo to it. I know a lady who literally boils a cup of hot water in the morning, and claims that it wakes her up.
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

kreyes is offline Junior Member
    One cup- black, for me in the AM. That's all I want and I'm okay if it's a busy morning and I never get to it. 😊

Allenete is offline Senior Member
    I've been having at least 2 cups a day, up to 4 sometimes, for years. If I skip a day I don't get any withdrawls, I just "miss" the taste and comfort of it, much like I miss my yoghurt :P

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Annnnnnd the OP was SPAM>
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

MEversbergII is online now Senior Member
    Nuts to him! This thread is now about how we like coffee.

I am primarily a tea person, but I do enjoy coffee. My SO and I make it a point to go to the local coffee shop at least once a week before work to have a cup together.

I tend to take mine with milk or half-and-half. That's the best they can do there.

M.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MEversbergII View Post
    Nuts to him! This thread is now about how we like coffee.

I am primarily a tea person, but I do enjoy coffee. My SO and I make it a point to go to the local coffee shop at least once a week before work to have a cup together.

I tend to take mine with milk or half-and-half. That's the best they can do there.

M.
    Butt...
    Do you like kitty(civet) poop coffee?
    Yum yum!
    LOL... No.

Despite my brain issues and the fact that MAYBE I should stop... I still enjoy a cup of coffee about 4-5 days per week... because I refuse to be an acetic and I just really enjoy the taste of the stuff.
    I buy premium cuban espresso beans from a small company in Ybor City just a jaunt over toward the coast from where I am.

Iced in the warm months. Hot and rich in the few months of cooler weather we get here.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Bottom Line is offline Junior Member
    Sometimes 8, sometimes none.

Mainly espressos for me. Never get withdrawal.
    Seems to help with the workouts (weights).

Paleobird Guest
    Spam blended into coffee. It's the new bulletproof.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Used to love coffee, used to roast and grind my own. You guys can have an extra cup for me.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast