Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: For or Against - Coffee drinking is beneficial to health? page 3

If you need it or rely on it for energy then it isn't good for you. It has way more negatives than positives.

infinitewellness is offline Junior Member
    I love coffee... must be good coffee.
    And I don't need to have one everyday.

Best coffee to make at home is Bulletproof Coffee

Coffee becomes not beneficial when you start adding in sugar and crap milk. Oh and using crap coffee...

jakejoh10 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmylastusername View Post
    If you need it or rely on it for energy then it isn't good for you. It has way more negatives than positives.
    This is nonsense in my opinion. Cite studies that support your claims, this is the research section after all.
    My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

Quote Originally Posted by jakejoh10 View Post
    This is nonsense in my opinion. Cite studies that support your claims, this is the research section after all.
    What, that it can have negatives? If you feel you need caffeine as a stimulant or have withdrawals then you're drinking too much.

The effect of dietary caffeine on urinary excretion of calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, sodium, potassium, chloride and zinc in healthy males
    Coffee Acutely Increases Sympathetic Nerve Activity and Blood Pressure Independently of Caffeine Content
    PLOS ONE: Caffeine Impairs Myocardial Blood Flow Response to Physical Exercise in Patients with Coronary Artery Disease as well as in Age-Matched Controls
    Coffee, caffeine and blood pressure: a criti... [Eur J Clin Nutr. 1999] - PubMed - NCBI
    PLOS ONE: Caffeine Impairs Myocardial Blood Flow Response to Physical Exercise in Patients with Coronary Artery Disease as well as in Age-Matched Controls
    Filtered coffee raises serum cholesterol: re... [Eur J Clin Nutr. 2003] - PubMed - NCBI
    Effects of acute administration of caffeine on ... [Am J Cardiol. 2006] - PubMed - NCBI
    Effects of caffeine on blood pressure, heart rate, and forearm blood flow during dynamic leg exercise
    Acute Effect of Caffeine on Arterial Stiffness and Aortic Pressure Waveform

If you tolerate it fine, if it doesn't effect sleep quality or you don't have health issues that it may exacerbate I don't see a problem consuming it in moderation. But if you're using it as a crutch just to function properly then you have problems with caffeine.
    Last edited by Forgotmylastusername; 07-08-2013 at 02:14 AM.

jackaaron is offline Member
    This isn't new but truly cold brewed coffee is so great tasting (if done properly, and not the Japanese method) and you can serve it hot cold with milk whatever.
    It has less caffein, and way less acid so people that have reflux have a far easier time with it.
    I drink it because its so smooth. I have 1-2 cups per day.

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    I'm wondering if the coffee at my closest coffee shop (where I go at least once a week with the S.O.) is actually worth drinking, or if it's more harm than good.

M.

Lil Beastie is offline Junior Member
    It's probably beneficial the same way just about everything else is; Good for some people, Bad for some people, others have no response to it.

I drink decaf. because I like the flavour of coffee but caffeinated anything puts me dead to sleep.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jackaaron View Post
    This isn't new but truly cold brewed coffee is so great tasting (if done properly, and not the Japanese method) and you can serve it hot cold with milk whatever.
    It has less caffein, and way less acid so people that have reflux have a far easier time with it.
    I drink it because its so smooth. I have 1-2 cups per day.
    What is "truly cold brewed coffee"? What is the "Japanese method"? How do you know it has less caffeine? Less caffeine than what?

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    The whole black/white thing is silly. Sure, if you (generic you, not anyone in particular) drink 15 cups a day, coffee is going to make you feel bad, and cutting back is going to make you feel bad. But a cup in the morning and another at maybe 3pm? Hardly going to kill you unless you have a medical condition that's exacerbated by caffeine.

Everything we do on a regular basis has become an "addiction." I'm addicted to air. I once tried to go more than 90 seconds without it, and it was a total fail. I went to meetings and appealed to a higher power, but to no avail. There are days when I don't drink any coffee, especially recently.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitewellness View Post
    Coffee becomes not beneficial when you start adding in sugar and crap milk. Oh and using crap coffee...
    I'm not disagreeing with you on the 'crap coffee' part, but do you have any way of substantiating the rest of your claim?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast