Thread: Want to go Primal? Drop the wife or husband (Rule #11) page 4

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    #1. Hot guy with nice abs
    #2. Guy that loves cars and can fix mine
    #3. Garden/Yard type and can grow fruits and veggies
    #4. Hot guy with nice abs
    #5. I think someone hear posted he always has a clean tub, so him (iirc, he also boasted of nice abs?)
    #6. Guy that LOVES to grill.
    #7 Submissive to clean up after EVERYONE.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MEversbergII View Post
    Makes sense, though I was under the impression in that, while giving up mine, I'd be acquiring someone else's.
    You are looking for this as a person who is wired for serial monogamy, not as one who is looking at life as the potential for unlimited hookups.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    #7 Submissive to clean up after EVERYONE
    Yeah, some dude that gets off on cleaning naked. I'll whack him with a riding crop once a week for not folding my sheets right.

So easy to make men happy.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

I'm calling dibs on this spot, as my abs are not great.
    Awesome. The way to my heart is through a well cooked steak, pork chop, burger, chicken.....

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Awesome. The way to my heart is through a well cooked steak, pork chop, burger, chicken.....
    then prepare to swoon

Davidil is offline Senior Member
    Let me ask you something. You know how even when we're in a relationship we keep looking at members of the other sex? Can you imagine how much energy we're spending on this activity?

Don't you think that if we were TRULY monogamous, as soon as we'd mate a big switch would go OFF and we would NEVER look/think/fantasize/have crushes on other people?

Come on guys, don't you see that we're all just indoctrinated to believe in "till death do us part" but that in reality its just a big bowl of rubbish?

I believe in friendship. I believe in infatuations. I believe in sexual chemistry that lasts anywhere from a day to a few weeks or months, maximum two years (according to research) but the whole romantic love tale bestowed upon us by Hollywood and silly pop songs?

Come on, we're all adults here.

People get together because they're sucked into the fantasy, at a young age (they are clueless) and by the time they snap out of it - they have 2 or 3 children, 2 cars and a mortgage.

And don't tell me it's a "guy" thing. Most divorces and breakups are initiated by women, not by men, and women cheat as much as man do.

Women's sexually is much more complex. You dont see men turning books like 50 shades into best sellers. Men are sexual retards, women's sexuality is like an ocean compared to the men's... pond?

Mmmm bad metaphor. But you catch my drift.

Davidil is offline Senior Member
    BBC NEWS | Health | Sex chemistry 'lasts two years'

Sexual chemistry lasts two years...

Mmmm

Anyway, I don't expect you to accept this in a day or two. This needs a lot of processing. Our whole society is arranged around the idea of monogamy.

But fifty years from now monogamous couples will be a minority.

The number of US children living in single-parent homes has nearly doubled in 50 years:

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/the...rly-doubled-in
    Last edited by Davidil; 06-19-2013 at 11:00 AM.

Sex is only one part of a relationship. There is also great benefit to stability. And even if "chemistry" fades, sex can still be hot.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Obviously not everyone feels the way you do about this... and this has been discussed many times on these forums.

You are also not as informed as you think you are.
    Pair bonding happens even in non-westernized primitive tribes that are studied.
    It's a human thing not a western fairy tale... though the westernized version does manage to muck it up pretty badly.

Do some more research.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Davidlil, but women DO claim to have this kind of reaction:

Let me ask you something. You know how even when we're in a relationship we keep looking at members of the other sex? Can you imagine how much energy we're spending on this activity?

Don't you think that if we were TRULY monogamous, as soon as we'd mate a big switch would go OFF and we would NEVER look/think/fantasize/have crushes on other people?
    I lean toward thinking that it is an extension of how they are made out of lies and capricious deception, but maybe they are telling the truth.

What about like, sexual imprinting? Do you not believe that some people just filter sexual thoughts first through emotional centers built out of associations with familiar faces/scents/etc?
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast