Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Want to go Primal? Drop the wife or husband (Rule #11) page 2

MEversbergII is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Eh, we don't even need the male gender anymore anyways. Might solve a lot of social problems.

Back to the case, I'm fortunate that my S.O. is in it to win it. She's been with me when I was poorer, and was with me when I gallbladder decided it was tired of life. Lucked out there.

All this said, I wonder about raising kids. I've heard about and see the wisdom in it taking a village to raise a child, but I am also a proponent of strong families. These kind of reasonings are very tough.

M.

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    OP, the evolution of monogamy is more complicated than "Babylon made us do it." (though there is truth in that of course)

If there was no expectation of monogamous pairing, then the mediocre men would be in a constant state of sexless agitation, and the alpha males would horde all of the women. We would be at each other's throats all the time, and tension would be palpable and universal. Instead every guy has a feeling that he is going home to get his, and we are therefore capable of cooperation and civility.

Also have you ever tried to reason with women? Now that they have downloaded the monogamous pair meme, from their cold dead minds! lol
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    we don't even need the male gender anymore anyways. Might solve a lot of social problems.
    Nah, I like men. I'd love to have 5 or 6 husbands. Seriously.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

(also why would you assume that multiple orgasms evolved as a means of reinforcing consensual multiple partners when it could as easily be a survival adaptation to gang-rape, which is like an extracurricular activity in a lot of societies)
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Leida is offline Senior Member
    My feelings about sex was well stated in the 2 and 1/2 man: The shorter the better, and none is the best. I have no desire to have sexual intercorse at all. I love my husband and all, but I do not like making love. I would not know what to do with multiple partners.
    Last edited by Leida; 06-19-2013 at 09:14 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Davidil is offline Senior Member
    Oh my god these are the funniest responses ever.

So basically magnolia what you're saying is that women pair with men only for their abs and money and that men only need women when they're sick. Is that right?

I have serious responses to you but I'm on my phone now... tomorrow.

So basically magnolia what you're saying is that women pair with men only for their abs and money and that men only need women when they're sick. Is that right?
    I was being sarcastic. But if all you are ever going to be is a "hook up" then you better either be able to buy me a very nice gift OR look amazingly hot and be basically a fantasy. If it is going to be a long term thing, then many other traits become important. But if it's wham, bam, thank you ma'am, you'd better look great compared to your competition.

That said, I actually really like men/enjoy their company and would not mind living with, caring for and having sex with multiple men. I'd be all about being a female Hugh Hefner.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Real evidence shows that given no cultural constraints, most people practice serial monogamy. Serial monogamy would be in the best interest of males who wanted to make sure their own progeny had the best chance of survival, by helping the mother care for them until they were 4 or 5 years old and able to get around and help the tribe. The team effort also results in greater survival rates for all family members.

The idea that babies will be much better off if "the tribe" raises them has been around for a long time. The translation for people who are not familiar with it is that guys who say this want somebody else to pay for the babies they father and don't want to have to contribute monetarily, emotionally, or physically to the rearing of their own or somebody else's kids. They want it to be optional, and they want somebody else to pick up the tab. But it's looked down on generally to speak out in favor of men abandoning their kids and baby mommies.

I'm sure you don't explain that in advance to women you are hoping to have sex with.

Please address the fate of the mediocre men and the consequent tension and daily struggles

Please address the fate of the mediocre men and the consequent tension and daily struggles
    Yeah.... well, sucks to be them, BUT they could put some effort into getting wealthy to maybe cut in on the hot Alpha Male action?

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast