Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Want to go Primal? Drop the wife or husband (Rule #11) page 17

Davidil is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    The reason incest is relatively uncommon is that people tend not to be sexually attracted to those who they were raised with or who they raised. There is some sort of psychological blocking mechanism that tends to prevent this attraction in that case.
    Yes. In Israel, in the Kibutz where all the children sleep in the same room and hang out 24 hours from a very young age, people from the same age group never hook up.

Its aldo the same mechanism that makes couples after 2-3 years to stop having sex. (Or hardly have sex)

Here you go little envious person:

Macintyre, S. & Sooman, A. (1992) Non-paternity and prenatal genetic screening. Lancet, 338, 839.", according to the wikipedia page for the Sperm Wars book:

Sperm Wars - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Worldwide, it has been calculated from studies of blood groups that about 10 percent of children are in fact not sired by the men who they think are their fathers. This is also the average level found in Western industrial societies [...] There is a real need for an extensive study using modern techniques such as DNA finger-printing. So far, the nearest thing to such a study comes from paternity tests cariried out by child-support agencies. They are responding to absent "fathers" who demand such tests in an attempt to avoid or delay the financial support of an ex-partner. Internationally, child support agencies are reporting a nonpaternity rate of about 15 percent - higher than the average 10 percent - suggesting that men who appeal have more grounds than most for doubting their partners' fidelity.
    All figures for nonpaternity are the proportion of children actually born. The nonpaternity level for children conceived is even higher. This is because a woman is more likely to abort a child conceived via a man other than her long-term partner. Almost certainly this happens primarily when her partner either knows or has a good chance of finding out that he is not the real father. The abortion is an attempt by the woman to avoid the costs of infidelity discussed in scenes 9 and 11.
    Although properly controlled DNA fingerprinting studies have not been carried out on humans, they have been carried out on a wide range of appearently monogamous birds. The results for different species suggest a range from 0 percent to over 50 percent incidence of males raising other males' offspring. These levels are comparable with, but on average are probably slightly higher than, the levels found in different groups of humans [...] So it would seem that the average male bird has even less reason than the average man to be reassured by a passing resemblance to its offspring.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockstock View Post
    Uhh, would you care to cite the study that states "10%" of people are born NOT from who they think their father is.
    Throughout this whole thread you've done nothing but pull fake statistics out of your @ss.

But thank you for doing the women of a world a service by being their fantasy. Enjoy it while it lasts mate. Wait until your a saggy old man who cant get any women because your no longer anyone's fantasy, and when you find a decent women, she runs away after seeing your 'special badge' LOL

You come across as a massive douche bro.

Rusty is offline Senior Member
    Funny funny people!

If you all were truly "living primal", no one would be on a computer.

I see many of the men responding about how many women they have done who were married or in some sort of relationship.

I see many of the woman going on about how they just "can't" or "won't" be monogamous.

For the OP, you are trolling and stirring the shit pot.

No relationship happens without work. If someone is in a relationship and is constantly on the "hunt" for another partner, then that someone shouldn't be in a relationship (serial monogamy is BS). Just tramp around and sleep with whoever and be responsible for the natural consequences.

Saying that there are no or few happily married couples is just sour grapes. I just love all the stats being thrown around this thread. I guess the whole "if it's on the Internet, it true" thing is running rampant.

Sure, plenty of marriages fail, and plenty succeed. No one is 100% happy all the time.

It's threads like this that really show who's evolved and who is not...

Five Shocking Stats About Men and Sex | Psychology Today

The stereotype about the sex-starved man and the disinterested woman may be more than just a cliche. As it turns out, the instant a woman enters a secure relationship, her sex drive begins to plummet. Four years in, a German study found, fewer than half of women wanted regular sex. And after 20 years, only 20 percent did.

Yes, comparing being on a computer to how your whole sexual life is structured ("only" your most basic primal need) is real intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    Funny funny people!

If you all were truly "living primal", no one would be on a computer.

I see many of the men responding about how many women they have done who were married or in some sort of relationship.

I see many of the woman going on about how they just "can't" or "won't" be monogamous.

For the OP, you are trolling and stirring the shit pot.

No relationship happens without work. If someone is in a relationship and is constantly on the "hunt" for another partner, then that someone shouldn't be in a relationship (serial monogamy is BS). Just tramp around and sleep with whoever and be responsible for the natural consequences.

Saying that there are no or few happily married couples is just sour grapes. I just love all the stats being thrown around this thread. I guess the whole "if it's on the Internet, it true" thing is running rampant.

Sure, plenty of marriages fail, and plenty succeed. No one is 100% happy all the time.

It's threads like this that really show who's evolved and who is not...

Rusty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidil View Post
    Yes, comparing being on a computer to how your whole sexual life is structured ("only" your most basic primal need) is real intelligent.
    Your "whole sexual life" structure is your "only" basic primal need?

I am sure that being on the computer, for many, is the only sexual outlet they have...

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    that makes couples after 2-3 years to stop having sex. (Or hardly have sex)
    2.5 years in. Sex increasing in frequency. The more I know him, the more I want him. I want to have 8 kids with that man. He's perfection.

As I said, humans can lean one way or the other. In a monogamous society, they would never experience another human and, therefore, never care for it. In a non-monogamous society they would eventually disassociate sex from the oxytocin bond and not bother with stable partners. Society would shape our sexual behaviour and whatever was preferable would become "you". This also explains how, even outside of religious folks, marriages that start with the woman or both partners being virgins (or having only had sex with that partner and/or one former partner) have a sub 2% divorce rate, whilst over 50% of all "normal" marriages are impacted by infidelity. They have "tuned into" the polygamous side of themselves and can't stop desiring other people. The others have "tuned into" the monogamous side of their sexuality and become monogamous. Therefore, if you have sex with many people, your brain decides that is normal and encourages polygamous behaviour. But if you don't "break out" of monogamy (done by having 2+ sexual partners in your life), your brain tells you monogamy is normal and you are happy to stay with one person forever.
    Last edited by Kochin; 06-25-2013 at 09:51 AM.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    If girls get their period when they're are 12-14, it means that biologically they are meant to be sexually active at that age. Same thing for boys at 13-15... ever thought about that?

(Disclaimer - I don't think its ok to have sex with 12 years old, this is for the sake of debating what's "natural")
    That's what the whole post you quoted was about.

Sorry but this sounds like bullshit. If you're married a virgin its because you're super shy or otherwise have serious social issues and have a problem finding partners or you're extremely asexual. It has nothing to do with your brain being programmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kochin View Post
    2.5 years in. Sex increasing in frequency. The more I know him, the more I want him. I want to have 8 kids with that man. He's perfection.

As I said, humans can lean one way or the other. In a monogamous society, they would never experience another human and, therefore, never care for it. In a non-monogamous society they would eventually disassociate sex from the oxytocin bond and not bother with stable partners. Society would shape our sexual behaviour and whatever was preferable would become "you". This also explains how, even outside of religious folks, marriages that start with the woman or both partners being virgins (or having only had sex with that partner and/or one former partner) have a sub 2% divorce rate, whilst over 50% of all "normal" marriages are impacted by infidelity. They have "tuned into" the polygamous side of themselves and can't stop desiring other people. The others have "tuned into" the monogamous side of their sexuality and become monogamous. Therefore, if you have sex with many people, your brain decides that is normal and encourages polygamous behaviour. But if you don't "break out" of monogamy (done by having 2+ sexual partners in your life), your brain tells you monogamy is normal and you are happy to stay with one person forever.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It has nothing to do with your brain being programmed.
    Umm.... very religious men and women ARE programmed to "stay virgins until marriage". They do a pretty good job scaring some of their followers into waiting in religions like mormonism. It's not that they can't "get laid". It's that they WANT to wait because they believe it is God's Plan. Not saying it is natural or anything, just that there are some people who get married as virgins beyond being undesirable or naturally asexual.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast