Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Paleo low carb - fat percentage page 5

dilberryhoundog is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I get it Choco, Your advice is quite sound.

If you push your daily fat % above 60, there must be good food your leaving out some where, food that is gunna give you benefit, in the long run.
    I would say the same, if someone tried to push their daily carbs above 60% also, your gunna be leaving good food out.

In my case, my diet, this is how my macros might look;
    60f/30p/10c, the next day; 35f/30p/30c, the day after; 10f/20p/70c and so on.
    Whats my average for a week or month; Balanced 33/33/33

50f/25p/25c <<< this should be considered a hi fat diet
    A little primal gem - My Success Story
    Weight lost in 4 months - 29kg (64 lbs)

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    You didn't read my post.

I didn't say it's impossible to do on a per-meal basis. What I said is that you can't consistently do it daily. Eating actual food is not going to maintain a 65% calories from fat ratio. You have to go out of your way to exclude fruits, roots and starches and you have to add lots of refined fats, which you did. Over 20% of your fat calories are coming from butter, and another 20% from a seed butter. Neither of these things are real food and quite processed.
    As I said: the butter is to replace quality subcutaneous fat (which is harder to get) and seed butter is not unnatural. It is seeds that have been crushed. Period. Every tribe in existence with access to seeds or nuts crushes them into a paste of sorts and has access to 1-3 tablespoons worth a day. The San people, for example, crush nuts with locusts and eat the result. About 20g of crushed nut per person.
    The above is an example of a day, not a meal, and that sort of day is basically how I ate over Winter. I don't actively seek to avoid carbs, but over Winter I didn't really feel like them. I'd have 80-100g/day max, and that's on a 2500+kcal diet. The rest of my food would be fatty meat, offal with butter and cream to replace the fact I can't get grass-fed beef fat (of which I would eat 100+ grams a day, if I had it my way). It's perfectly possible. Eat a few apples or potatoes and then lots of fatty meat (if you can get quality fat; if not then butter), offal and nuts.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    lol at people claiming they don't like the taste of sweets, and never want them.

keep telling yourself that, maybe one day you'll really believe it.
    I like sweet things over Summer. At the moment I'm devouring oranges, cherry tomatoes, honey and dates. Over Winter all I wanted was salty, fatty and bitter things. An apple or a banana would be good, but more than one and I'd lose my appetite. I just wanted coffee, cream, liver and nuts. Unsure why it changed when the weather got warmer, but hey ho.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345