Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Paleo low carb - fat percentage page 4

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    I'm quite familiar how people on MDA generally live. In fear. There are very few people on this forum that are grounded and just go with the flow. Virtually every thread you'll find on the main page is someone terrified of something they shouldn't be afraid of.

My message is "just eat real food, don't worry about fat and carbs" and the zealots come out in full force!
    What you actually write clearly contradicts your message then. If you truly don't worry bout fat and carbs then you wouldn't push people away from high fat low carb just cause you don't like it. You would make no recommendation whatsoever regarding such if that was your true message. Comprende?

fkjr2 is online now Senior Member
    I can't eat too many fats for half the week because of my lifts. On those days I go low fat / higher carbs to replenish.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    lol at people claiming they don't like the taste of sweets, and never want them.

keep telling yourself that, maybe one day you'll really believe it.
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

statikcat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    What you actually write clearly contradicts your message then. If you truly don't worry bout fat and carbs then you wouldn't push people away from high fat low carb just cause you don't like it. You would make no recommendation whatsoever regarding such if that was your true message. Comprende?
    He is not contradicting at all. If you don't worry about fats/carbs then you would not deliberately eat high fat. I believe his point is to eat proper foods and whatever ratio they add up to is fine.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    I eat daily around 65% fats, 20% protein, 15% carbs by choice. The foods I like just naturally fall into this range. I'm neither loosing nor gaining weight and find it very easy to maintain with no feelings of hunger or deprivation.
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

secret agent girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    I love sweeping generalizations.

They reinforce my sense of fear.
    Best post of the whole thread!

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Not at all. You've spent effort twisting it that way. People selectively diet.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

amberfox is offline Junior Member
    ChocoTaco,
    you claim that it is virtually impossible to have 60-65% of fat a day without consuming refined oils and other junk. I completely disagree. You may be thinking of a high calorie diet - if you eat, say, 4000 calories a day, then 60% fat would mean about 270 grams of fat. Indeed, that's a lot of fat. If, however, you eat 1600 - 1800 calories like I do, then even 75% of fat is actually just 150 grams which is not difficult to get, especially if you love coconut as much as I do. The only liquid oil I have eaten in months is occasional organic extra virgin olive oil on my salad, usually no more than 1-2 teaspoons, and not every day. Alternatively, you may be underestimating your fat intake. Easily done, by the way. When I started on Primal, I was doing a food journal on Paleotracks, and was surprised how high my fat percentages were. I had thought I ate way less... Finally, what's wrong with grassfed butter, man??? Love the stuff, and judging by Mark's articles, so does he. This is a Primal blog, not strict Paleo.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by amberfox View Post
    ChocoTaco,
    you claim that it is virtually impossible to have 60-65% of fat a day without consuming refined oils and other junk. I completely disagree. You may be thinking of a high calorie diet - if you eat, say, 4000 calories a day, then 60% fat would mean about 270 grams of fat. Indeed, that's a lot of fat. If, however, you eat 1600 - 1800 calories like I do, then even 75% of fat is actually just 150 grams which is not difficult to get, especially if you love coconut as much as I do. The only liquid oil I have eaten in months is occasional organic extra virgin olive oil on my salad, usually no more than 1-2 teaspoons, and not every day. Alternatively, you may be underestimating your fat intake. Easily done, by the way. When I started on Primal, I was doing a food journal on Paleotracks, and was surprised how high my fat percentages were. I had thought I ate way less... Finally, what's wrong with grassfed butter, man??? Love the stuff, and judging by Mark's articles, so does he. This is a Primal blog, not strict Paleo.
    Im pretty sure Taco would put coconut products (oil, milk) and butter into the category of added fats since they are pretty low in nutrition (besides calories!). With only animal products and while foods like avocados and coconuts, nuts, etc, it becomes harder to hit the 60%+ fst area.

amberfox is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Im pretty sure Taco would put coconut products (oil, milk) and butter into the category of added fats since they are pretty low in nutrition (besides calories!). With only animal products and while foods like avocados and coconuts, nuts, etc, it becomes harder to hit the 60%+ fst area.
    Hmm, fair enough, but I was reacting more to the statement that we cannot reach 60% fat without refined oils in our diet. As for coconut, sure it's caloric, but we do need calories from somewhere - better coconut than pasta, at least for me. Besides, I would not say that coconut is so low in nutrition -- according to a quick check on Paleotrack, half a cup of coconut milk has, for example, Magnesium-11% of RDI, Phosphorus 12%, Zinc 5%, Copper 16%, Manganese 55% (1.099 mg!), Selenium 11%, etc. Plus i have recently discovered homemade coconut kefir - a great source of probiotics that is dairy free (butter and small amounts of hard cheeses are the only dairy products I can eat without feeling bloated and horrible). So, works for me personally.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast