Thread: Need help for weight loss page

taraneh is offline Junior Member

Need help for weight loss

Primal Fuel
    Hello, my name is Tara and I have been primal for 30 days today.
    I just switched and went cold turkey.
    I am 5 7" and weigh about 73 kg.
    I lost about 2 kg in the first week and gained it back so now I am freaking out about the weight loss....
    Any suggestions?

blondiegreen is offline Senior Member
    What does a typical day of food look like?
    Are you eating very low carb?

Britt is offline Senior Member
    The weight you lost and gained back isn't necessarily all adipose tissue (fat). You likely lost water weight right off the bat and might have regained it as muscle depending on a variety of factors (exercise, protein intake).

I'd suggest getting rid of the scale and measuring progress by how your clothes fit and how you feel. It's much less stressful that way.
    "The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love and something to hope for." - Allan K. Chalmers (1759-1834)

Typical day starts with a big cup of coffee with just organic cream...
    Lunch is steamed vegetables scrambled with eggs and a bit if cheese
    Done days I skip lunch and have a nice steak with grilled vegetables
    As for exercise I walk haven't got to the primal sprinting yet
    My boyfriend is on the exact diet as me and he is experiencing the same thing

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    If that is all you are eating, your body may be hanging onto fat for dear life. I.e., it may think there is a famine.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

Lol.... I have no appetite to eat any more. After eating I really feel full and can go for a good 12 hours without eating.... Do you have any suggestions?

Annieh is online now Senior Member
    Lift some weights. That should increase your appetite. Then you could decently nourish yourself with a good quantity of quality food.

Thank you

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Hi taraneh. Loss of appetite in the beginning happens to a lot of people. After only 30 days your body is still confused. It's just trying to hold on. This is not a weight-loss diet per say, but a way of eating for life.

It doesn't sound like you're eating enough. No grains or sugars. That means reading all the ingredient lists if it's not whole veggies or fruit. Try something like -
    B - 2 bacon, 2 eggs,
    L - steamed or sauteed green leaves and canned fish (sardines, mackrel, maybe tuna).
    D - Meat, roots (no white-meat potatoes).

Skip lunch if that's too much - alternate fish and meat for dinner. Eat smaller portions, maybe much smaller. Walk slowly a lot or play in the water, lift weights and sprint once a week.
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase