Page 7 of 62 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: The Next Chapter page 7

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    I have to admit I didn't touch the rope or do Barre3 today.............. its just too dang hot!!!!
    It has been mid60's low 70's here with a good breeze. Love the marine influence!

WIDFFT.....
    Can mowing, weed eating and planting be considered fun if you rock out while doing it? DH is driving 200 miles one way today to get a jewelry armoire for me. I don't wear jewelry all that often but when I do I have to extricate it from a tangled heap in the sock drawer. What a good man I married! With him out of the way I think I'll open the windows, crank the tunes and do all the housework I've been avoiding. When it starts to get to me, I'll go jump rope more and sit under the oak tree with a big glass of water at hand. Done with that? Go play with plants before heading back inside!

What a boring life I lead.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Doesn't sound boring at all! I'm jealous of you for the day you're having
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Rocking out while doing anything certainly is fun and counts as PLAY and a workout in my book
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Things I choose to let go:

All grains - including rice
    Refined sugars
    Legumes - including peanut butter
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Acidic foods, such as pineapple and tomato
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

I'm choosing to do this......... I don't HAVE to.

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Only partway through the day and already I have done two dishwasher loads, cleaned the toilets, did a couple loads of laundry, mowed for a couple hours, watered and fertilized a few dozen plants, split kindling for the next camping trip, moved the antique sewing machine out of the bedroom to make room for the armoire and a few other things I have forgotten. Mini breaks make it possible. Well, that and so darn much energy!

Forgot I jumped rope several different times. Any wonder I fall asleep at 8:30pm and get up before 5am?
    Last edited by honeybuns; 07-03-2013 at 03:16 PM.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    You're an ANIMAL! Blaze that trail!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Things I choose to let go:

All grains - including rice
    Refined sugars
    Legumes - including peanut butter
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Acidic foods, such as pineapple and tomato
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

I'm choosing to do this......... I don't HAVE to.

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

It is "common knowledge" that aging means you can't do anything to fight back. The ravages of age are a given, right? Such an outmoded way of thinking. It has been shown time and time again on this forum as well as other forums that it is not a given that you will fall apart as you age. That being said, I am starting to see a body I used to have many, many years ago. It is a little unnerving, actually. Who does this body belong to? The teenage me is long gone, the young adult me isn't around any more, either. The middle aged me. So lets define middle aged. Once upon a time it meant over the hill and heading down really, really fast. Now that I am here and am seeing remarkable improvements it means a chance to do, try and see all the things I have ever wanted to and knowing that my body won't fail me.

Today is all about getting ready for a hike up the Wynoochee Pass tomorrow with my hiking buddy. He thinks he is physically ready, I am not so sure. As physically debilitating as his health has been lately I hope he takes it slow and easy. Just being able to spend time with him in the forests is worth it. I don't care if we reach our destination.

Back to jumping rope, mowing, transplanting, potting, watering...........oh, I guess I'll clean the kitchen.

Happy Independence Day to all!!

Never try to do jumping jacks in the same yard as two young, enthusiastic dogs. They'll think it is a great new game and you'll get absolutely nowhere.

About to head out to explore decommissioned logging roads way up in the mountains. What a great way to get exercise. Should be some great photo ops as well.

It was a great day in the woods. I have no pictures, unfortunately, as I did a face plant on loose scree and cracked the LCD screen on the camera. Other than that, we saw some fantastic waterfalls and just generally enjoyed spending the day together.
    My hiking buddy was only good for about three hours. This is sad as there was a time when he and I could easily spend twelve hours on a hike. Much better than this winter, though, when he was in horrible pain after a mile. He and his partner are getting married in August and have asked me to officiate. Guess I had best see about getting ordained!

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    That's awesome! Hulky's brother is officiating our wedding. He got registered as a Dudeist priest.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I took yesterday off from jumping rope as my arm and shoulders were still stiff from the falls I took while hiking. Not that yesterday was a no-physical-activity day. I helped my hiking partner dig and transport majorly big rhododendrons to his new home. Lots of upper body work and my arm and shoulders benefitted. They feel well enough today to resume our normally scheduled activities of jumping rope and doing jumping jacks. Three weeks until the family reunion and I'd like to see how much more things will change before then.

While I was hiking DH bought another Jeep. We now have two to pick from. The plan is to get the new one in top running condition and sell the first one. The high country is calling my name and I wanna go Jeepin'!!

Page 7 of 62 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast