Page 5 of 65 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: The Next Chapter page 5

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Honeybuns, are you and the WA crew alright?! I just read online about the earthquake!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

tomi is offline Senior Member
    oh dear....... I heard nothing about an earthquake. I hope you're alright!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    What earthquake? We've been camping for a couple of days and haven't heard a thing about it! Oh, I just looked it up and it was in eastern Washington. We are fine!

Speaking of camping, this trip was interesting to say the least. Day #1 was showery on and off, woke up day #2 to rain for most of the day. It dried off just in time for the nightly fire. Came home on day #3 and had a tire blow out before we got too far. Luckily we managed to limp it to a Les Schwab and ended up waiting for over two hours as they were incredibly busy. While DH waited on the LS crew, the bums and I found a grassy field with some wonderful shade under a tree and hung out there until it was done.
    The good things about this trip? The dogs were well behaved and now are completely worn out, I met a really neat young boy named Shawn when I helped resurrect the campfire for his mother. The scale shows I came back two pounds lighter for a new low in spite of the cinnamon roll, angel food cake and potato chips.

I had the most fun on day two taking all three dogs for a pouring down rain RPR for about four miles. Totally wore them out so they hung out in the trailer and slept while it continued to rain. There is a method to my madness!
    Last edited by honeybuns; 06-28-2013 at 07:06 PM.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Okay, I have a plan and it is working well. I am keeping the jump rope in the carport. I am doing one full fledged all out "this is when I am jumping" session and periodically through the day as I am passing by or between projects I'll take it down and do some more jumping. This way I get a lot of exercise even if it isn't all at once. I hit 40 on regular jumps at one point today, 30 on speed jumps and that isn't the only time I jumped today. I haven't even been at this two weeks. The first couple of days I couldn't even do ten of anything! Nice progress in a short amount of time. At some point I'll start seeing it on my body.

WIADFFT (What I am doing for fun today)
    Today started with a date with my jump rope. No more feeling like I'll never get the hang of it but I am also not super proficient, either. I figure that each time I try is better than not trying at all.

Right now I am getting the reaching and stretching exercises while bleaching the travel trailer awning,. Evidently it was put away wet long before we got it. With the wonderfully warm and sunny days we are having this week ( a rarity, believe me) i thought I'd take advantage of the opportunity. Of course the car wash brush isn't getting it! Stepstool and washcloth, here I come!

Putting the bikini and pet net on the Jeep today. Lovin' the fresh air and taking the bums Jeepin' without them jumping out. Wildlife gates are open so I can get into the backcountry with the Jeep finally. Wonder what my hiking buddy is doing next weekend?

*UPDATE* I have a huge bruise on my upper arm from falling off the Jeep running board while putting the bikini on. Falling on the door frame hurt like crazy!
    Last edited by honeybuns; 06-30-2013 at 06:16 PM.

It is so odd to watch my body change. What I have been seeing in the mirror and living with for so many years is no longer there. Who is this woman with a nice booty and great legs? I haven't seen her in quite a while.

WIDFFT~off to ride my bike and jump rope now. Way overdue for getting in the woods.

Two hours after a really big protein rich breakfast I found myself looking for something, ANYTHING, to nibble on. One Italian sausage, one egg and one banana later, the beast has been tamed. Good example of listen to your body for sure

Major progress with the jump rope. I can do way more repetions than just last week even and do them over and over more times before I hang it up for the day. According to DH, the cellulite is going away!

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Yeah!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My shorts are looser. I was thinking that they were stretched out from wearing and went to try on the next size down ones to see how tight they still were. OMG!! They zip up and almost fit! Two weeks ago they were unzippable. Jumping rope is making a difference for me! HOT DAMN!!

Page 5 of 65 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast