Page 37 of 61 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: The Next Chapter page 37

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I feel.....more slender, like the belly doesn't feel puffy. I love butter but it is dairy and I cannot do milk and cheese. Coconut oil is okay but lard just seems to be much better.

Kinda vague, huh?
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Tomi, since cooking with lard my weight has gone downward more than it does when cooking with butter or coconut oil. I can now feel my hip bones easily. Despite what the scale says, my body is leaner.

I just spent the last couple of hours on an extension ladder pruning major limbs off my blue noble fir, by hand I might add. Well, a hand saw anyway. That is physical exertion right there, I have quite a mess to clean up and lots of greens for holiday decorating. The bonus is that I smell like Christmas!

tomi is online now Senior Member
    since I seem to be more and more sensitive to the ill effects of dairy on my digestive system I think I will give Lard a try as well. Last night I made a meatza for dinner and was sure to take a lactaid for the cheese. I don't want to have to think about taking a pill everytime I have dairy - so if I can make a change from butter to lard that would be good. but I sure love eggs fried in butter.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

My sleep has been really messed up lately. Getting up at 3:30 am because I have been laying awake for a long time. This has been going on for a while now. I wonder if the carbs being low could contribute? Maybe a nutrient deficiency? I am getting so tired of being tired!

I need to come up with a workable plan for toning up. One that I can stick with. I am heading out with a friend on a five day road trip to a dog Nosework trial but when I get back I have all of those huge branches to deal with. Then I need to get all of the unplanted plants into the greenhouse before the hard freezes. Lots of heavy lifting there. Could deep cleaning the house before the holidays be considered exercise?

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    What carbs do you generally eat, how much, and at what time? I think a lot of people doing low carb diets find that carbs later in the day seems to aid sleep (with dinner or before bed).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

tomi is online now Senior Member
    I agree with that - if I don't have carbs at dinner I don't sleep soundly. I end up having weird dreams and laying awake trying to make sense of them!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Honeybuns, I have something for you: if you get on YouTube, and type in "Oregon's Exploding Whale", you will see a very old news story of just exactly that, no funny business. I laughed until I cried.

And hell yes, hard housework counts!!! Sorry you are sleeping poorly. I have Second take homeopathic Calms Forte by Hyland's, and it does a good job on her.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post

...I need to come up with a workable plan for toning up...

Of all the people on this forum, I am certain YOU are one of the toned ones!

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    What carbs do you generally eat, how much, and at what time? I think a lot of people doing low carb diets find that carbs later in the day seems to aid sleep (with dinner or before bed).
    Probably not near enough. Breakfast is a scramble with a mushroom, some green onion, some spinach, eggs and meat. Sometimes potato. It feeds two of us easily but if you were to break it down to seperate components there just isn't much food there. Dinner is a piece of meat and a sweet potato or yam. No urge to snack in between. I must work on this.

Here is a very valid reason for me to maintain a healthy active lifestyle.

My great grandparents lived into their late 90's. My grandmother is celebrating 99 next month. This means my mother will be around another twenty years or so and I could have another 40 plus years myself! Do I want to spend the next forty years complaining or celebrating the fun things I am doing? I am seriously considering becoming a canine massage therapist as a second career. My DH is 67 now and if I am very lucky he'll be around 15 to 20 more years. This would give me a direction when he is gone. Yes, it will be painful to lose him but I do not want to say to myself "Now what?"

Page 37 of 61 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast