Page 35 of 62 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: The Next Chapter page 35

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Gorgeous scenery, HB.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

tomi is offline Senior Member
    love the new pic!

You've inspired me to pick up my jump rope again. Shin splints be damned!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Things I choose to let go:

All grains - including rice
    Refined sugars
    Legumes - including peanut butter
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Acidic foods, such as pineapple and tomato
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

I'm choosing to do this......... I don't HAVE to.

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Tomi, don't try to do too many too fast this time! Be happy with 100, or 200!!

tomi is offline Senior Member
    That's what I'm shooting for Rode my bike for about 10 minutes this morning - but it was toooo cold!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Things I choose to let go:

All grains - including rice
    Refined sugars
    Legumes - including peanut butter
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Acidic foods, such as pineapple and tomato
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

I'm choosing to do this......... I don't HAVE to.

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

I am tired of feeling squishy and pudgy. Yes, the weight has finally come down but I am still fluffy. NOT where I want to be. I found a nice pair of slacks at Goodwill the other day, tried them on, could zip them but it wasn't pretty. In the past I would have become depressed over how they fit (really scary) and been in a down on myself mood all day. I chose instead to buy the pants which were actually long enough that I could wear a heel with them (a very rare occurance) and use them as my goal pants. All my previous goal pants are now too big (YAY!).

The question now is how do I want to accomplish getting to where I want to be. RPR's will not be as frequent as they were in the past due to a whole different canine dynamic. I could take Tabi by herself but right now she is injured and we are hoping to avoid surgery on her knee. No forest rambles for her. Moose and Reilly tend to go their own way and forget that I am there. Also not a good combination. I do not feel it would be safe to ramble over there by myself, much as I would love to. Part of what made it special for me was feeling like the dogs and I were a team. Maybe it is time to take the boys one at a time and just let Hubs deal with the upset of the one left behind. I still have the jump rope and just need to be consistent about doing it. Once I get back to working on the property next door there is a lot of stretching and lifting. The rains have started up again and I have good raingear so I should be getting into some big projects soon. We are leaving next week for a couple days at the Oregon Garden Resort and I'd like to accomplish something before we leave. All plants moved into the greenhouse for winter protection? I really just need to get planting. Mud, oh joy.

I've been working hard on making Christmas gifts. The big sewing project is almost done. The carpet deodorizer is a success. I took the citrus I had dried and turned it into powder with the mini food processor and mixed it with a lot of baking soda. Smells wonderful and so easy to make. Works well, too.

Okay, I am not getting toned sitting on my couch on the computer. Time to get off of here. Today would be a good day to try to get ahead of the oak leaves before the tree dumps them all. Since it is raining I'll be raking and hand picking. Exercise!!

Kikiperpie is offline Senior Member
    I must say you don't look fluffy in your pics, but I understand its all about how you feel within yourself. And fantastic news on previous goal pants being too small! That is something to feel good about.
    I'm not saying lets kill all the stupid people in the world, I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.

When I can still grab a handful of gut then I am not where I want to be. Yes, I now LGIC, but i would like to be comfortable in my own skin. Not there yet.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    What proportions do you use for the deodorizer? Sounds like a great idea.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I don't have a set recipe. The first time I made it with pumpkin pie spice and baking soda and just dumped a lot in. Too much, in retrospect. This last batch actually became more citrusy the longer it sat so I had to add another box of baking soda (1lb) to tone it down some. Today's batch is really strong so I'll cut it with a couple of boxes which will give me more for gifts. Pinterest says 25-30 drops essential oil or 1 tsp spice (cinnamon) to 1/2 cup baking soda. You really don't need to be that fussy. I blended mine in a big bowl with a whisk to distribute evenly and have a parmesan cheese shaker to apply it with. This would be so fun to try different ways. Like basil? Boom! I'll be saving the peels from my satsumas for the next batch and getting some evergreen essential oil. Christmas, anyone? My house smelled so good afterwards!

Page 35 of 62 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast