Page 32 of 57 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: The Next Chapter page 32

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    Yay! Congrats on goals!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Woohoo for early birthday presents.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Thank you! Thank you!

I feel that what is making the difference now is identifying what does not work with my body and avoiding it. I feel like I am much more aware of what is going on. So far I have eliminated the cabbage family, tomatoes, onions, all forms of dairy, even goat milk products and peppers. FODMAPS, anyone? Oh, there might be something I forgot but those are the big ones. We have both lost our taste for chocolate and there are five or more bars of the good stuff in the freezer. I will gladly forego them.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    We have both lost our taste for chocolate and there are five or more bars of the good stuff in the freezer. I will gladly forego them.
    I have this really, really close friend you know, and she could take those unwanted chocolate bars off of your hands for you...
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    I have this really, really close friend you know, and she could take those unwanted chocolate bars off of your hands for you...

Gee, she wouldn't live in Ohio, would she?

Almonds and almond flour are another bloat causer for me. Of course I did not identify this until after I bought 5 pounds of almond flour.....

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Almonds and almond flour are another bloat causer for me. Of course I did not identify this until after I bought 5 pounds of almond flour.....
    How did you know that my good friend lives in Ohio? And isn't the Universe just such a wonderful place, 'cause this bestie of mine happens to really dig almond flour, too! What a great coincidence!

----

Horticultural news - I planted a pineapple sage in the herb garden this year, and it got so big that it bloomed for me! I got a stalk of red, red flowers! And - didja know that lemon balm will send out underground runners-y things just as badly as oregano? I have to really clean up the herb garden in the next few - oregano and lemon balm colonies are popping up everywhere. The oregano is coming totally out as my plant has no flavor; the bees will be disappointed, though, as I just let everything go to flower intentionally and that huge plant made a lot of them. I should have named it Seymour!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Hey congrats on the birthday goal! You'll absolutely meet the next goal cuz you're really close already!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

I am back to jumping rope and am, most days, doing over 300 jumps. Not every day but at least four days a week.

Heading up to Snowgrass Flats for a birthday hike on Saturday. The views are incredibly awesome and I hope to bring back some fantastic pictures to share!

Happy birthday to me!! Up at 4 AM for no particular reason and loving sitting in front of the fire all by myself. Well, not quite by myself. All three dogs are hard asleep so essentially I am alone. Today is about corned beef in the crockpot, exploring the fabric store and my favorite plant nursery, hitting up the local Goodwill for treasures and just enjoying myself. Oh, I forgot that I need to get my pack ready for tomorrow's adventures! I am so excited! neither my friend or I have been on this trail before and she is so much fun to be with, especially since she sees so many photo opportunities which leads to a nice, leisurely rambling sort of a hike.

Page 32 of 57 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast