Page 31 of 64 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: The Next Chapter page 31

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I love pumpkin pie but lately it has been giving me heartburn. Tonight we made one with coconut milk instead of evaporated milk and I loved it. No heartburn at all and the flavor was delicious. It had never dawned on me that, since I have problems with dairy, evaporated milk is just more dairy. Highly processed dairy. I know how we'll make it from here on out.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    I made coconut milk pumpkin pie last year for Thanksgiving and everybody loved it I was quite proud.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Almost two weeks this time. Evidently I am needing the support from the MDA journal less and less every day.

Took the bums, and the husband, camping a couple of weeks ago. I love this particular campground/RV park because not only is it owned by the city but the city owns several hundred adjacent acres and the bums and I can disappear for hours rambling up there. There is a big creek/small river running through it so the bums can wade through it while giving themselves liquid refreshment. We had a blast even though Reilly decided to bail off of a nine foot embankment onto the road. As he is flying through the air, all I could picture was broken front legs from the impact. We were very lucky that all he got out of it waqs road rash on his chin. Whew!

Jumping rope is back in my day. Too easy to let it slide and it made such a big difference for me this summer that I need to keep doing it. I may not see 170 for my birthday in a week but I am close. 165 for Christmas, maybe? More than weight, I would like to be solidly in a size 12 pant, not teetering between sizes.

So many of the clothes I got at the start of the year are huge on me now. The homeless shelters are gonna score big time. So glad that Goodwill is just a couple of miles away.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I like hearing about your RPRs. Chin scrapes are just not enough detail.

The place we went is within a stones throw of the Pacific Ocean. The air smelled wonderful, all briny. There is nothing like marine air.

As Reilly was flying off the embankment, I was visualizing the broken legs. As he hit the road face first and smashed on his side to the ground, I was picturing broken ribs. He got up, shook himself and took off running. Whew! I dodged that bullet! After that incident we explored the forest for at least a couple more hours. We need to go back soon because there is so much more of the power line road to explore! Needless to say, the dogs slept well when we got back to the trailer and I was able to get a lot of sewing done on the Christmas gift I am working on.

This week has been hell for sleep. I've been waking up anywhere between 3 and 4 am and not been able to get back to sleep. Today it was 2 am. Ugh. Nothing good will come of being this sleep deprived. i have not let it keep me from jumping rope, picking up leaves and sewing. It is, however, a good excuse for avoiding the mowing and the house cleaning!

I AM TIRED OF BEING TIRED! Could I be dealing with a deficiency of some sort? It isn't caffeine, it isn't overstimulation at night. Last night was better but I was still awake before 4am.

7 months since I gave up coffee and dairy. This week I have discovered that goat products are not my friend either and that onions cause major bloat. I do miss cooking with peppers but I do not miss the aftereffects.

Saturday upcoming I will be on a fall hike in colorful surroundings. Here is hoping for some good photos to share!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Has the weather been changing there? Maybe that is upsetting your sleep patterns?

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    We have all been tired and sleep has been not so great all around here, as well. I blame the season change - though we love it, fall makes us want to fluff our comforters and dream of days and nights on end in bed.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Nope, the weather has not changed.

On another note, remember my goal of 170 by my birthday? That is in four days. I have blown right past it and am sitting at 168.8. Woop!Woop!! That makes the end of the year goal of 165 totally in reach!

Page 31 of 64 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast