Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Next Chapter page 3

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Shop Now
    Haha, cliff edges make me nervous. I don't think of actively falling, it's just the distance that scares me. Standing on a 4' wall means my head is over 9' above the ground! That looks very high to me! To an extent, it's exhilarating, but I get slightly immobilized in some situations. I don't want to get stuck up a tree!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

tomi is online now Senior Member
    I get dizzy when I'm looking down from a high vantage point. And me and cliffs or high ledges of any kind are not good partners! I always think of the freak accidents that can happen.............. like the edge of the cliff crumbling away beneath the weight of the person standing there........ UGH....... gives me jitters just thinking about it. I like to keep my feet on firm, trusted ground! You can have the trees!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Okay, I have a plan. On the days I take the bums up the hill, no jumping rope. On the days we don't go, I HAVE TO jump rope. Looks like today will be a jump rope day. How about I set aside a dollar for every time I workout (other than my day to day stuff) and when it hits a certain dollar amount, splurge on something. Grassfed beef?

The fat pads on my hips are changing shape. Much more tapered and a lot less bulbous. That means fat is being burned. Keep in mind that the scale hasn't changed at all. Progress!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

I love that idea! Monetary rewards are always my favorite! My plan is to do a little jumping each and every day to keep the stamina improving.

I too see the changes in my body - but the scale has only dropped a little. I'm happy to know that I'm building muscles and reshaping this "old lady" body! When the weight comes off I should have a nice shape again. My waist is tapering nicely now - something I feared wouldn't happen due to the typical thickening of post-menopause. The back fat is still there, but not nearly as flubbery as it used to be. Happy changes!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

Oh, am I ever a happy camper. There is a really deep ravine right behind the house. When we moved here it was picturesque with a stream flowing through it. About 4 years ago beavers dammed it up and created a giant lake and I haven't explored it since. I noticed from the neighbor's house the other day that it is once again back to being a stream. Between the beavers flooding the basin,cutting down trees and storms there are lots of huge trees down. That being said, I went from our property to the bottom and explored it doing nothing but walking on fallen trees. How I got back up the ravine? On a fallen tree, of course! Lots of branches to hold onto and where there wasn't I crawled. Let me tell you, crawling uphill was truly a brain and body workout but I made it safe and sound back to the other side of our property. I can't wait to do it again!

You're enthusiasm for playing in the woods makes me smile I wish we lived closer together so I could come play in the woods with you!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    You're enthusiasm for playing in the woods makes me smile I wish we lived closer together so I could come play in the woods with you!
    Me, too! I grew up on seventeen acres of fir forest, really old fir forest and that was our playground. That is probably why I have so much fun in the woods.

I used to spend weekends and most of the summer with my grandparents. They always lived near the woods and Grandad would take us exploring all day! He showed us all the wild flowers and names the trees. When I'm in the woods I can feel him right there with me.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.

Major success with the jump rope today. The reason? Proper footwear, no bouncy boobs and a jump rope that is finally the right length. Wonder what difference this could make before the family reunion in a month?

I'm thinking the same thing for my class reunion! Gotta get some girth off the butt! Hubby had to show me up on the jump rope skills.............. butt head! But it was cute watching him jump like a girl. I said....... no no - both feet together! he nailed it. then what did he say??? "now, you do it - but you have to do it naked!" what did I tell you?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.

Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast