Page 27 of 53 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: The Next Chapter page 27

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Down to one Jeep. I'll be keeping this one for a very long time as it fits me like a glove. MY car. I am the adventurous one in this marriage. Tabi loves riding in the Jeep so I think she and I should head out for an adventure in it after the big storm passes through in the next couple of days. Glutton for punishment that I am, I plan on taking all three dogs adventuring tomorrow morning, rain or no rain. Wear those dogs down! Reilly is very high energy and when he hasn't gotten enough, he is a TT (total turd). should be fun.....HA!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Yeah for adventures in the woods! They are predicting some good thunder storms today in the Willamette Valley. There is supposed to be 3 storms blowing through today! Should be exciting!

Be careful out there.............
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    We have showers, and the rumble of thunder.

Bugs is offline Member
    I love storms! They never used to bother the pup ( he's 2 now), until last year when there was a real bad storm while we were camping. Ever since then he gets very clingy and shakes like a leaf. 40 lbs of lapdog! He also is a TT when he doesn't get enough adventure during the day! Enjoy your day!

Oh, my goodness! That was so much fun. Three very worn out dogs. Smart woman that I am, one of the very first things we did was go down into a very steep ravine and back up again. Took a lot of the piss and vinegar out of Reilly. We were out for about two hours, got rained on, found cool mushrooms, ate blackberries, waited for Reilly, waited for Reilly some more, waited for Reilly again...he is new to all this so at this point he is going his own way a lot but we are, little by little, teaching him that he has to pay attention to where we are. All dogs are collapsed now so I am going back over to pick this great patch of blackberries I found. I cannot believe no one has picked them yet and that the bears haven't found them!

I am happy.

Kikiperpie is offline Senior Member
    Just thought I would drop in and say Hi! HB. I have found your journal highly entertaining but now I have lifestyle envy. Would LOVE to be hiking in them thar hills with the dogs and making peach whatever I can. You paint a very pretty picture. And you look one too in those photos! You are definitely an inspiration. Just regretting throwing out the kids jump ropes a few years but I kept tripping over them.
    I'm not saying lets kill all the stupid people in the world, I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.

Hey, good to see you, Kikiperpie! You are welcome to lurk all you want. Exercise for me HAS TO be fun, or I won't do it. That is where the jump rope comes in.

My happiness over our jaunt in the woods is short lived. I went back to pick blackberries knowing that the dogs would be exhausted and sleep. Hmm. Came home to three very sick dogs. I think they were munching on mushrooms because all three have the same symptoms that Reilly did a few weeks ago. Poor babies.

Bugs is offline Member
    Sure it's mushrooms? Is there anything else they all get in to? Poor babies!

I actually grabbed my jump rope and went out to the deck for a jump session after reading your journal. Hello by the way! (*waves*). I still have to be very very careful with what I do exercise-wise as I'm recovering from an infection in my spine. To think this time last year I could barely walk! Still several hours of physio twice a week, but finally able to walk without a limp most of the time. And I get to return to work which I love in 2 weeks. YAy! You should have seen the production with the pup though! Samps was so upset over the whole skipping thing that I actually had to close him away for safety!!

Just got back from taking Sampson for an RPR-nearest open space for him to run off leash is the local high school, so we go there and he fetches his frisbee for an hour or so. Can't get into trouble there and he gets a good run. Wipes him out so he's a good boy!!

Hope your babies are feeling better. Have a good evening!

Oh, for sure it was mushrooms. They are all doing well now. We knew they were feeling better when they actually wanted dinner. It should be a very quiet, low key day for them today.

Don't do too much too soon with the jump rope. Speaking of jump rope, I've been away from it for a couple of days and I do not want to lapse into not doing it at all. It will be raining all day so I get to try out jumping in the carport. I plan on making an adventure out of it.

Since it is September and the start of the rainy season, I'll be getting on the scale every day, if not twice a day. I have found it a good way to see if a certain food I ate disagrees with my system and it is what will keep me on the straight and narrow through the holidays. I'd like to start January without a weight gain!

I found a great way to reseason my cast iron pans. Render pork belly for the lard! I had some sliced pork belly in the freezer. I had bought it thinking it was uncured bacon. Not even close and I didn't care for it cooked up so I have chopped the rest of it into fine pieces and am cooking it down for the lard. So easy to do, yet so tasty. DH doesn't know that from time to time I have cooked his breakfast with lard. He has always declared it to be a very tasty meal. What he doesn't know won't hurt him! Since lard is absolutely the best thing to make pie crust with it doesn't break my heart to have it on hand. I wonder if rice flour could work in the place of wheat flour for making pie crust?

Page 27 of 53 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast