Page 16 of 57 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: The Next Chapter page 16

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Shop Now
    That kind of butt raise is a part of a lot of bodyweight exercise circuits I've tried (esp. the video ones). Not sure if it has another name, but it's great for the glutes & core! I like to add in a weight to hold and push it straight up over my chest as I raise my butt.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I'll have to add that, thanks. I did find that having the dogs in the other room is the only way to do this exercise. One sits on my chest, one washes my face and one eggs the others on. Oh, why don't I have Yorkies instead of big Dobies?
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Well, I didn't jump at all yesterday --- but I did hike 6 miles I'm heading out now to start my jumps! I do that leg raise thing in Barre3 - it works the core really good!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Why, yes, yes it does!

I found a dress to wear to my hiking buddy's wedding. He would have been fine with me wearing shorts but if I am the one officiating I figured I should dress just a bit nicer. The thing with this dress is that, when I saw it on the rack at Goodwill, I knew it wouldn't fit me. No way would a size ten fit. Not only does it fit, it fits like it was made for me. Could this mean that LGIC is just around the corner? So stoked!

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Hi Honeybuns (great name!). I came to work thinking I'd just have a quick look on the MDA forum, then I'd get down to business. Instead I've spent an hour reading your journals and having a great time . I'm so stoked for you about the dress!!

Love the pics and stories of your dogs. We have 2 greyhounds - retired racers - and foster them as well. What would life be worth without dogs?? I love ours to bits, and clearly you do too.
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

I'm thinking LGIC is already here for you! Picture of you in the dress is in order you know...........
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

Hi, Jac!
    Your journal is one of the first ones I read when I came here. I am so glad you've popped into mine!

One comment that I forgot to mention that was made at the family reunion came from my BIL. He asked if I had found someone new and if that was the reason for trimming down. He was joking as he knows that Dh and I are lifers. It did get me thinking of how many times that could be a danger signal in a relationship. A spouse would do best to join their significant other on the Primal journey then there is no question.

Two weeks until the wedding. I hope to have the reading memorized so I won't have to read off of a card. Two weeks of clean eating and jumping rope should have that dress fitting even better. I'll request a picture of myself in the dress just for you guys.

Tomi, I have something new for you to try. It is actually just for fun. Ever tried jumping rope in a circle? I figured out a totally easy way to do it. Start jumping, look at something just a little bit off to the side of center. Your body will follow. Once it is square on that, move your eyes again and just keep doing that until you've gone all the way around. The first couple of times you'll be trying to get the hang of it. After that it is fun to use to break up the routine.

Back to jumping rope tomorrow. We had company overnight who went to the Montgomery Gentry concert with me so this morning was all about visiting. Tomorrow is soon enough.

I haven't tried that! I will ............... in a little bit when I get home from work. (I'm taking a little break from the medical jargon in patients chart notes)
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

Just something fun!

I just finished rereading all 100 pages of my previous journal. What a trip down memory lane of my life!

I need to get out on a really good RPR but the area where we roam currently has log trucks going in and out. I am sure that we can avoid the area where they are logging but the access in is a narrow road and if a logging truck came along there is nowhere to get out of the way easily. Reilly is such a high energy dog that he needs to get out on these jaunts just to keep him live able. He has exhibited some strange behavior lately like running big circles around the yard. At first I thought it was because he wasn't getting enough exercise. Now I am wondering if it is from nibbling on the mushrooms that are coming up. Ever heard of happy shrooms? I am conditioned, because of Deuce, to remove the mushrooms when I see them growing but sometimes he finds them before I do. Silly dog.

It has been feeling like fall around here lately. Starting to think of soups and stews.

Page 16 of 57 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast