Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: How many meals a day does everyone eat? page 5

Barnyard is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by kathleen View Post
    Meals per day. It varies. Sometimes I'll eat once a day, in the late afternoon/ early evening, and just have coffee, water, or other liquids all day. Lately I have been having very long days at work (12+ hours) so I have been eating breakfast before work, and parking a lunch, then having dinner later. That's 3 per day, which is usually uncharacteristic for me. I won't eat breakfast if I wake up after 9am, though. It's usually lunch/dinner, or just dinner for me.

If you take a thumb tack, and make a tiny incision in the shell (very carefully) before you boil, then the shells are very easy to peel off (because some water gets between the shell/film and egg part). The hole isn't big enough for egg to really escape, too.
    It takes about 30 seconds to peel an egg......I boil six at a time, takes 3-5 minutes to peel them, then eat 1-2 per day.....

magicmerl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by omega View Post
    Looking at all the members meals I guess carbs do make you eat more? Anyone else see that pattern
    I think that it's more that the gym bunnies are the ones who also eat carbs. They have higher energy expenditure and more carbs.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

magno is offline Junior Member
    typical day looks like:
    -breakfast is large Peet's coffee with splash of cream
    -lunch is at around 11-12: salad with veggies & protein
    -dinner is around 6pm hunk of meat plus veggies (all grilled this time of year), maybe some fruit (peaches are in season now)
    my 'treat' is almond butter w/ dark chocolate, fresh cream, maybe a banana thrown in (particularly if i work out that day)

no idea on calories or macros

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345