Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: How many meals a day does everyone eat? page 4

awok677 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I had a month of one meal a day that I was happy on, but I've had to up calories and decided for the moment that 2 would work better than trying to cram more into the one meal. Currently eating breakfast ( 7 - 8am) and dinner (6pm) and hoping my body gets the message first thing that plenty of fuel is available and releases fat stores during the afternoon. ... or something like that!
    Me, My Father and The Alzheimer's - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread84213.html

Mikee5 is offline Senior Member
    Usually one big meal a day, sometimes two. I snack on raw fruits, vegetables and cheese throughout the day.

fuzzynavel is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kochin View Post
    LIES. You can't get sick of eggs. Some people can develop an allergy through over-exposure, but you can't get sick of them. I went through a phase of eating 60 a week (anywhere from 6 to 12 a day) to save money. Even after that I'll happily and spontaneously eat 8 eggs in a sitting.
    How are you having them? If they're hard-boiled day-in-day-out, I'd understand the boredom. But there are many ways of cooking, seasoning and serving eggs to help you mix it up a bit.
    Poached, fried or scrambled....I can't be bothered boiling and then taking the shell off....I'm trying to mostly fry or scramble so that I can add butter/coconut oil to up the fat intake. I try to vary the fat source too that I fry the eggs in to impart different flavours...
    I only have a microwave available at work so I tend to take in left over meat from the previous night and just crack in 4 eggs and mix for a nice scrambled egg/meat combo...I like that...

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    Meals per day. It varies. Sometimes I'll eat once a day, in the late afternoon/ early evening, and just have coffee, water, or other liquids all day. Lately I have been having very long days at work (12+ hours) so I have been eating breakfast before work, and parking a lunch, then having dinner later. That's 3 per day, which is usually uncharacteristic for me. I won't eat breakfast if I wake up after 9am, though. It's usually lunch/dinner, or just dinner for me.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzynavel View Post
    I can't be bothered boiling and then taking the shell off
    If you take a thumb tack, and make a tiny incision in the shell (very carefully) before you boil, then the shells are very easy to peel off (because some water gets between the shell/film and egg part). The hole isn't big enough for egg to really escape, too.
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Rip @ MIPWID is online now Senior Member
    Right now, just two. Lunch and dinner.
    Meat is Prized, Wheat is Despised.

Real Food - The REAL staff of life

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    4-6 all around 500-1000 calories
    nihil

Shieldmaid is offline Junior Member
    I eat 2 or 3 meals, usually without snacks. If I'm hungry in between I eat fruit or cheese, or drink some tea or raw milk. My boyfriend can't eat nearly as much as I can in a sitting, though, so he tends to snack throughout the day and eats 2 or 3 smaller meals whereas I prefer to eat large, very filling meals.

It seems like meal frequency is pretty varied around here.

omega is offline Junior Member
    Looking at all the members meals I guess carbs do make you eat more? Anyone else see that pattern

miata is online now Senior Member
    One for workout days -- otherwise three...

- Bulletproof coffee or green tea every morning (don't count that as a meal)
    - Breakfast, lunch and dinner for non-workout days
    - Dinner post workout on 2 lifting days a week

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm on a lower calorie phase, so 2 with one snack.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast