Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Schnitzel - Would you do it? page 2

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    You're on vacation. Unless you've got celiac or gluten intolerance, go for it.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Totally yes! Eating local specialties is one of the best parts of travel.

I have a wonderful schnitzel house less than half an hour from here, run by an Austrian. I use it for my 20% on occasion - my fave is the liver schnitzel - what a great way to get your offal!!

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I would try it. I would probably go in the restaurant and see if there was anything that sounded better to me though. I don't even know what Schnitzel is.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

OldSchhool is online now Senior Member
    Hell yeah, you could get knocked down by a bus tomorrow, life's too short so if you want something badly go ahead, just don't make it a regular habit !

SophieE is offline Senior Member
    No, wheat is not worth it for me. I would enjoy the next few days of my holiday less because of the energy and mood-drop.

Wheat is the one no-no when travelling. I've already decided that dairy-free rules will be nixed when travelling- no serious effects for me (just acne and post-nasal drip), especially when I'm relaxed as one usually is on holidays.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Absolutely. Foods in their home country are one of the best things about traveling. Anyway, I love Schnitzel and I surely would not miss having it at the original place.

It's pounded veal which is dipped in a batter of eggs and a little flour, usually with lemon juice. Oh Yumm. I'd certainly not miss that.
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

jammies is offline Senior Member
    There is an amazing little German place about 1.5 hours from where I live. Whenever I am in the area I always get the Schnitzel. It is perfection!

I don't have celiac disease and my gut health is now pretty decent. I am primal in order to enjoy my life - that includes indulging in some really great non-primal food every now and again.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Davidil is offline Senior Member
    OK. So... I did it. Haha. :-)

The thing is this: I'm ALWAYS on vacation. I work online so I've been traveling 11 months a year for the past 3 years, so it's kind of hard for me to use the "on vacation" excuse.

I had the Shnitz and then I told myself "my insulin level is high anyway so screw it!" and ordered a chocolate cake too. It was NOT worth it.

I felt terrible the whole evening and I'm not even celiac or anything... didn't regret the Shnitz (that's how I call it) but regretted the cake.

Now that I think about it, maybe I AM celiac and never knew it. I used to be low carb but taking out wheat / grains is new to me and I have to say that it really changed my life.

Thanks guys!

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    Years before Coeliac diagnosis, I nearly died choking on a piece of schnitzel. Had to pull it out of my throat - good fifteen centimeters of it.

Never ate it again, don't miss it.

Davidil is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryKiwi47 View Post
    Years before Coeliac diagnosis, I nearly died choking on a piece of schnitzel. Had to pull it out of my throat - good fifteen centimeters of it.

Never ate it again, don't miss it.
    You have to chew it, you know ;-)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast