Thread: Maca Powder page

LittleMe is offline Junior Member

Maca Powder

Shop Now
    What's your thoughts on Maca Powder? Anyone use it? Side effects? I was looking into it but have read that people with thyroid issues (like myself) not to use it. Then again I've also read that it aides in balancing thyroid hormones.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    After Mark had a post on it and I heard some other users talk about it, I tried it for my low libido (turns out I have low progesterone). I think it messed with my thyroid or something. I had major joint pain while taking it. Be careful.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Waterlily is offline Senior Member
    Made me nauseous.

Zach is offline Banned
    Try ashwagandha and siberian ginsing for libido.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Try ashwagandha and siberian ginsing for libido.
    Do you have any resources w/ information about these? A quick search online and I'm finding very little information about ashwagandha being helpful for libido (but I am finding information about it possibly affecting the thyroid, which would not make it good for me given my response to Maca root). Information I found on siberian ginseng aka. eleuthero seems to indicate that it works by affecting cortisol levels. Not sure if it increases or decreases. I may try it at some point, since it's fairly cheap, but Vitex works well for me for my low progesterone (which I did have tested).

To the OP: what were you hoping to get from the Maca powder?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Do you have any resources w/ information about these? A quick search online and I'm finding very little information about ashwagandha being helpful for libido (but I am finding information about it possibly affecting the thyroid, which would not make it good for me given my response to Maca root). Information I found on siberian ginseng aka. eleuthero seems to indicate that it works by affecting cortisol levels. Not sure if it increases or decreases. I may try it at some point, since it's fairly cheap, but Vitex works well for me for my low progesterone (which I did have tested).

To the OP: what were you hoping to get from the Maca powder?
    I wanted to see if it would help out in balancing out my thyroid hormones and also rev up my libido and energy levels.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    After Mark had a post on it and I heard some other users talk about it, I tried it for my low libido (turns out I have low progesterone). I think it messed with my thyroid or something. I had major joint pain while taking it. Be careful.
    I've been having really bad joint pain and it seems to be getting worse. I wonder if the maca powder is causing this? It never even crossed my mind that it might be the cause.

Jer37208 is offline Member
    I started adding a bit to my protein shakes here and there. I read somewhere that it made the whites of your eyes look healthier and whiter. Went through the bag in about 2 months or so, with no appreciable boost to eye whites or my boner. Haven't messed with it since
    Here to eat and move like a caveman, not look or stink like one

H2ODawgs is offline Junior Member
    Made me feel like crap.