Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Feeling like total crap lately page

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

Feeling like total crap lately

Primal Fuel
    This is not carb flu... I've been primal for eight months already and I am certainly keto adapted.
    I think I lied when I said I was doing fine on meat alone... but here's the story.
    I started doing zero carb about a month ago, lowered calories two weeks ago..
    I am losing weight, but I am feeling horrible. I am NOT super hungry nor starving at all though.
    Whenever I wake up from sleep or nap, I feel like want to collapse again, like I used to back in my SAD days.
    And I do. I go back and sleep for hours. The phone may ringing and I can't even get myself up to answer it.
    Besides that, I'm just really tired and moody lately.
    What's wrong? I'm suspecting that these are the effects of toxins being released from my fat storage...
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

MichaelA is offline Senior Member
    Up your fat intake to 80% of what you eat. Remember not to forget the omega3:6 ratio. Zero carb is foolish (my opinion). Yes, you will lose weight faster thou. I stay somewhere at 20-30g daily and feel wonderful

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    I can sympathize. During most of the day my energy has been pretty low. I still have energy for my workouts, but other than that, I usually just feel like sleeping. I've tried raising calories, cutting back, eating less carbs (although I was probably at 60g or less to start with) and adding them back. I recently started eating more vegetables, which seems to have helped a little.

I know you mentioned in some other recent posts that you're dealing with a leg injury and are unable to work out. I think that would definitely be a factor. I think I'd feel even less energetic than I do now if I were unable to at least do my weight lifting routine or some form of exercise.

Sorry I'm not much help, haha. Just commiserating.

emmie is offline Senior Member
    I suspect that if you eat some green veggies you'll feel better. I feel exactly the same way whenever I try to go super low carb. I actually love meat and could easily exist on that alone, but I feel dreadful after about 3 days. Listen to your body and add some good veggie carbs.

I've been eating (or rather supplementing) with a cup of parsley a day for a week. Also I eat about 1 oz of raw liver a day. I think I am getting all the nutrients I need. =\

I just remembered, I ran out of fish oil like 4 days ago. Could this be the reason? I have some coming on the mail, hopefully will get it by next week.

As for the foot injury, I just came back from the doctor. He was amazed at how fast I recovered (I am off the cast and will be walking again next week, which will total four weeks) when usually it'd take 2+ months. Hah, and to think that I have eaten such a miserable amount of calcium. So I know that this diet is nutritious.

Helen in Oz is offline Senior Member
    Does PB advocate existing on meat plus a cup of parsley and a supplement of fish oil? No.

You might be getting 'enough' nutrition but what are those megadoses of vitamin K and A (and oxalates) from the parsley doing to you? And what about the other complex micronutrients we get from plants?

Are you saying parsley is bad?

What about the other 'complex micronutrients' in plants? We can get everything from meat.

Helen in Oz is offline Senior Member
    ok. so you're eating just meat and parsley and you feel like crap. How's that workin for ya?

Sharonll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rphlslv View Post
    I've been eating (or rather supplementing) with a cup of parsley a day for a week.
    Wow, I just did some parsley research and I can see why you're eating it. Do you eat the whole cup at once or a little at a time during the week? Raw or do you cook it? I just read here http://health.learninginfo.org/parsley.htm that you can also make a "decoction" and drink it. Had to look up that, too: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decoction; it's just mashing it and then boiling it.

I make a smoothie with it.. add in frozen raw liver too... tastes like shit but who cares. I don't believe parsley is that great, I just eat it because of vitamin C, which I was lacking, and thought that until I am over this injury, it's better to stay on the safe side.

Anyways, I just ate a little more - just eggs and butter, and I felt better right away. I've been eating -very- little lately, which might be the problem... 1000 calories... but I am inactive... so I thought it'd be okay.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast