Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More Crap 'Studies' And More Crap Journalism page

PureFunctionalFitness is offline Senior Member

More Crap 'Studies' And More Crap Journalism

Shop Now
    Increasing amount of red meat in your diet 'can raise risk of developing Type 2 diabetes by nearly 50%' | Mail Online

It really pis**s me off, I think I should really ignore it, but when is this going to stop

Paleo0731 is offline Senior Member
    It will never stop as long as the MSM keeps lying. They eat up whatever the government spoon feeds them.

MaceyUK is offline Senior Member
    And they have this link on the same page: Obesity crisis sends diabetes rate soaring among under-40s: Number being diagnosed with type 2 up six-fold in 20 years | Mail Online
    So has eating red meat increased 6 fold in th elast twenty years or is something else the culprit?
    As far as I am concerned I am happy to be enlightened in a world of unquestioning sheep as it keeps the price of red meat down! Imagine how much you would have to pay for coconut milk and grass fed beef if everyone knew what we knew (and cared). So a few daily mail readers blunder into ever deteriorating health....I won't be losing any sleep

stoney56 is offline Member
    Bahh bahh!

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    There are a million of these articles out there. Who cares?
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Ouaouaron is offline Senior Member

NPR story on this

On NPR this morning they commented on a man who when eating "red meat" ate big macs and fries and when he stopped eating pink slime and fries and ate chicken and fish his diabetes numbers got better. proof that steak is bad for you.

Quote Originally Posted by PureFunctionalFitness View Post
    Increasing amount of red meat in your diet 'can raise risk of developing Type 2 diabetes by nearly 50%' | Mail Online

It really pis**s me off, I think I should really ignore it, but when is this going to stop
    An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good!'
    -Somebody funny

Owen is online now Senior Member
    I don't know any one who admits to reading the Daily Mail, yet it still seems to exist - like a stain that you can't get rid of.

thriveful is offline Senior Member
    There was also an article in the Telegraph saying uk citizens have increased by 14kg over the last 30 years despite cutting calories by 600 cals per day. They blame the weight on desk jobs and sitting down all evening.

The calorie reduction is said to be due to lower fat dairy and less red meat amongst other things.

A medical expert said that they would have expected to see a reduction of 2 pounds per year given the calorie issue....... Odd isn't it :-)
    Last edited by thriveful; 06-18-2013 at 05:57 AM.

thriveful is offline Senior Member
    I don't read it, saw it on the news, also on other papers too

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owen View Post
    I don't know any one who admits to reading the Daily Mail, yet it still seems to exist - like a stain that you can't get rid of.
    It's kind of like why the Kardashians make millions, yet I can't find anyone who will admit to watching them.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast