Thread: Pate foiled by blender

Pate foiled by blender

Shop Now
    Know thy blender or that sucker'll bite you in the ass. Adventures in making pate. I was really excited about finally getting my big girl pants on and deciding to delve into the world of organ meats. I figured I would start small and familiar, liver. And how do we make liver taste good? By adding tons of seasoning and butter and cream and blending it all up into a creamy goodness.

I was really surprised at how easy it was and when the final product was sitting in the blender I tasted and dang that stuff is good. A little more salt maybe but not too shabby. I was so proud of myself. Then it all fell apart.

I couldn't get the stupid blender off the stand. This is a new (to me) blender. I just moved into shared housing at an internship and never touched this thing before. Needless to say when I finally felt it loosen after much twisting and wiggling, I thought I was headed towards pate on cucumber slices and sunshine and puppies.

Nope. The clouds hid my my sun and the dog catcher took all the puppies. I wasn't getting the blender off, I was unscrewing the base. Pate came flowing out of that thing like it was my brother trapped in the bathroom after a questionable bit of street meat in Mexico. Pate. All my lovely pate, everywhere. But it was kinda funny. The blender base was coated in it and it looked like a volcano spewing forth blended beef liver. And here my roommates were all thinking I was some kind of fancy pants cook. Damn. Almost had them.

Maybe it's for the best. I got the liver from the supermarket, not grassfed at all. Maybe the organ that filters blood should be grassfed. Maybe it's a sign. Grassfed or kitchen disaster.

Know thy blender.

What a shame! All that effort wasted. I've done the same with soup - leek and potato all over everywhere. My new blender doesn't come apart like that....

Shop Now
    this made me laugh but i'm so sorry...
    be like a Jedi get one of those hand blenders
    Last edited by CarbDodger; 06-18-2013 at 01:13 AM.
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082