Thread: Pate foiled by blender page

CaveBug is offline Senior Member

Pate foiled by blender

Shop Now
    Know thy blender or that sucker'll bite you in the ass. Adventures in making pate. I was really excited about finally getting my big girl pants on and deciding to delve into the world of organ meats. I figured I would start small and familiar, liver. And how do we make liver taste good? By adding tons of seasoning and butter and cream and blending it all up into a creamy goodness.

I was really surprised at how easy it was and when the final product was sitting in the blender I tasted and dang that stuff is good. A little more salt maybe but not too shabby. I was so proud of myself. Then it all fell apart.

I couldn't get the stupid blender off the stand. This is a new (to me) blender. I just moved into shared housing at an internship and never touched this thing before. Needless to say when I finally felt it loosen after much twisting and wiggling, I thought I was headed towards pate on cucumber slices and sunshine and puppies.

Nope. The clouds hid my my sun and the dog catcher took all the puppies. I wasn't getting the blender off, I was unscrewing the base. Pate came flowing out of that thing like it was my brother trapped in the bathroom after a questionable bit of street meat in Mexico. Pate. All my lovely pate, everywhere. But it was kinda funny. The blender base was coated in it and it looked like a volcano spewing forth blended beef liver. And here my roommates were all thinking I was some kind of fancy pants cook. Damn. Almost had them.

Maybe it's for the best. I got the liver from the supermarket, not grassfed at all. Maybe the organ that filters blood should be grassfed. Maybe it's a sign. Grassfed or kitchen disaster.

Know thy blender.

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    What a shame! All that effort wasted. I've done the same with soup - leek and potato all over everywhere. My new blender doesn't come apart like that....

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    this made me laugh but i'm so sorry...
    be like a Jedi get one of those hand blenders
    Last edited by CarbDodger; 06-18-2013 at 01:13 AM.
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082