Thread: Upper limit of fat consumption? page

Miguelinileugim is offline Senior Member

Upper limit of fat consumption?

Even though I cannot eat more than 1 egg daily, I really really like butter (even if it's not organic!), I eat around a third of bar of butter every day, and if I thought it was healthy regardless of quantity I might as well eat an entire bar a day!

So, how much butter should I eat, maximum, every day? (I also eat some EVOO)

P.S: Who needs cheese slices when you have butter!

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    There really is no reason for you to worry about fat consumption in my opinion, as long a you keep your overall calories in check. Now, if you find yourself binging on fat from things like olive oil, coconut oil, and butter to the point that your caloric intake is out of whack and you start gaining weight, then that is the time to reassess the situation and likely scale back.

I routinely have days where as much as 70 to 80 percent of my calories are from fat and I'm a pretty skinny guy.

Miguelinileugim is offline Senior Member
    Well, I have an IMC of 19 and my weight is stable, I just wanted more info about this

And how many calories is too much? Do you ever have to count calories?

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguelinileugim View Post
    Well, I have an IMC of 19 and my weight is stable, I just wanted more info about this

And how many calories is too much? Do you ever have to count calories?
    What is too much in terms of calories is different for absolutely everyone. It depends on their current weight, their resting metabolic rate, activity level, body composition goals (lose weight/lean out or bulk/build muscle) etc. you have to determine ths for yourself.

I counted calories at the beginning, yes, but mostly just to figure out where I was as a baseline. Now that I am a bit more in tune with my body and its needs I no longer actively count my calories on a daily basis.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I don't count, I eat to satiety.

I eat 80% of my food as fat.