How much butter is too much butter?
Dear friends, I eat about 0.75-1 stick (250g) of Kerrygold butter every day!
Is this too much? I am not trying to lose weight, on the contrary, I want to gain some.
Thank you for commenting!
I think that it would becomes detrimental at the point where it crowds out other Macro/Micronutrients. It shouldn't be as big of an issue since you are trying to actually gain weight. This is just my $0.02.
As long as you are getting an ample supply of protein, veggies and fruits as well I don't see a problem with it.
if you are looking to gain weight, make sure your protein intake is well over 1g per pound of bodyweight first. This will help ensure it is the right kind of weight. If at that point you still need more calories, have at er.
Yeah I eat tons of protein and veggies as well. I eat these foods as a stable (they make like 80-90% of my nutrition):
smoked alaskan salmon
full fat yogurt
tons of spices
I rarely substitute meals for butter, I use it as an extra.
Last edited by LeJ; 06-17-2013 at 02:54 PM.
solid man, keep that up + the weightlifting and you should see great results
No such thing as too much butter lol...I'm jealous....with I had the calorie allowance to eat a stick a day.
If you were to get tired of eating butter, that would be one sign that you had been eating too much of it.
Signs you might have a problem with butter:
1. You miss social engagements or work because you want to stay home and eat butter.
2. You eat butter when you're alone.
3. You've stolen butter from other people's refrigerators.
4. You start to feel panic when you are down to your last five pounds of butter.
5. You sneak a few bites of butter while attending mass.
6. You get weepy at the thought of a world with no butter.
7. You steal your child's piggy bank money to buy butter.
8. If your spouse ever gave you the ultimatum, "It's me or the butter," you'd choose the butter.
"Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine
Originally Posted by JoanieL
May I share this with others?