Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: ready to give up weekday drinking? page

PrimalFreedom is offline Senior Member

ready to give up weekday drinking?

Primal Fuel
    I've been about 75 percent primal for about 2 months. last week I started the 21 day transformation and have found that drinking really affects my energy more than ever has in the past.

I'm looking for support to not drink during the weekdays... I certainly can't make that commitment on the weekends.yet..

anyone in?
    Sent from my HTC Wildfire S using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    True freedom is the ability to live in a way that is all life giving, not clouded by anything that contaminates body, spirit, or mind.

My journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread86444.html;)

wolfman is offline Senior Member
    Very hard, I am an avid drinker I must say, I love having two beers before bed watching baseball, or getting hammered for no reason during hockey games, don't feel you have to give up weekend drinking, I found that it put too much stress on social situations and I actually just really wanted to drink so I don't fight it, but I do moderate it. If its' a friends birthday somewhere special, or maybe a giant BBQ, why not get a little nutty? but if it is just a regular Saturday night? ...limit yourself to 1-3 drinks, choose your favorite liquor add some club and lemon or lime and sip on it, once you keep to 1-3 drinks you realize you don't need many more than that to be social and have fun. I have worked out the same day and have had two drinks that night, I get a little relaxed, get home, drink water, and wake up and everything is fine...but the weekday drinking should be limited to maybe a good glass of wine or a good craft beer.

Patti is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalFreedom View Post
    I've been about 75 percent primal for about 2 months. last week I started the 21 day transformation and have found that drinking really affects my energy more than ever has in the past.

I'm looking for support to not drink during the weekdays... I certainly can't make that commitment on the weekends.yet..

anyone in?
    Good for you! Not drinking in social situations, whether during the week or on the weekend can be difficult, mostly due to peer pressure IMO. Getting to know what saps YOUR energy and taking steps to change to become as healthy and energetic as possible is quite admirable.

When I stopped drinking much, other than the rare glass of red wine or margarita a couple of times a year, I expected more of my friends to make comments. Instead, no one really noticed and I felt much better having a glass of iced tea or a coffee. It really was a win-win situation. We all have a good time together and I go home feeling terrific with more money in my pocket than I used to have!

Zen11 is offline Member
    I'm in... I have to cut back on my drinking because in addition to the empty calories from the alcohol it also lowers my ability to resist temptation in the form on non-primal foods. I'm willing to stop having a cocktail during the week, but the weekends are sacred...

ilovesteak is offline Senior Member
    I'm in. Have been thinking about doing it on my own anyway. No drinking until Fri night, and no drinking after Sun night.

Drinking definitely slows down the weight loss so I'm all for limiting it to weekends only.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    I'm in. Haven't been drinking on weekdays for a while anyway though. And aside from the odd camping trip, only drinking a couple glasses of Cava or Prosecco one night during the weekend.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    I'm not in, so I'll better get out of this thread NOW...

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    I'm not in, so I'll better get out of this thread NOW...
    Get outta here, you lush!

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    I'm in...
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

PrimalFreedom is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Wow! Thanks for the support! I counted how many days I drank in the last 30 day ...I use the 90 day journal..14 days!

The next thirty I'm shooting for a lot less. Also notice my resolve to start primal with my foods is weakened considerably as well when I drink

True freedom is the ability to live in a way that is all life giving, not clouded by anything that contaminates body, spirit, or mind.

My journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread86444.html;)

Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast