Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: ready to give up weekday drinking? page 9

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Prretend to drink? I hope that you at least did it with both hands then...

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post

Besides pretending, the only other trick I can tell you is to just drink a fuckton of water throughout
    the day before you go out.
    The not getting dehydrated always seems like the way to go to me for sure.
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I can never do the "drink a glass of water between each cocktail" thing...

Who wants to fill up their stomach with a buncha water? More Room For Booze, Please!

Also makes for more frequent bathroom trips during your cocktailing time. And your
    friends saying "again? you just went!" Lame.

So for me, going balls out on water during the day does the trick.... Or at least it did
    when I did it...

Julia

PrimalFreedom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bhanes View Post
    ok, I'm in.....been trolling this thread from the beginning. I've been trying to cut down for months with no success, I don't drink beer except on weekends working in the yard, but oh boy do I love my Scotch..... Been a daily drinker for many years, when I finally took control over my eating/health PB. I just can't understand why I still let this one thing continue to rule me, expecially since it makes me feel like crap every morning. So you folks have motivated me to get this done!
    I Know what you mean! How in the world can we overlook it?!?!? ...I did for a long time ("De-nile" just ain't a river in Egypt!) ..welcome bhanes!
    True freedom is the ability to live in a way that is all life giving, not clouded by anything that contaminates body, spirit, or mind.

My journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread86444.html;)

bhanes is offline Member
    Well, crap, already blew it first freakin day in......left work at noon yesterday to prep for having cement footing poured this morning. 104 degrees working on a tractor for 4 hours. I drank tons of water but once done and inside the cool house, poured me a cocktail. At least I only had a couple and didnt drink till bed time like normal. So will try harder tonight nothing really going on. Sure seems that I have the best intention every morning but by about 6:00 my intention is to have a scotch. Go figure, on day at a time.

@bhanes...progress last night! Have considered dumping the scotch...trust me! I know how ridiculous that sounds, but then you would be FREE!

Fresh start
    Sent from my HTC Wildfire S using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    True freedom is the ability to live in a way that is all life giving, not clouded by anything that contaminates body, spirit, or mind.

Quote Originally Posted by bhanes View Post
    Well, crap, already blew it first freakin day in......left work at noon yesterday to prep for having cement footing poured this morning. 104 degrees working on a tractor for 4 hours. I drank tons of water but once done and inside the cool house, poured me a cocktail. At least I only had a couple and didnt drink till bed time like normal. So will try harder tonight nothing really going on. Sure seems that I have the best intention every morning but by about 6:00 my intention is to have a scotch. Go figure, on day at a time.
    At least your intention lasts until 6pm.

I would usually start thinking about cocktails and sitting on my ass about 12pm.

Not drinking at 12pm, but just thinking about it like "aaaahhh, in 5 hours I'm going to
    pour up a glass of wine and tuck into a couple hours of TV time!" and then it would
    go from there... about every half hour I'd think about them thar cocktails come 5pm.

Then my enabling husband would come home and give some excuse as to why I should
    be drinking with him, and I'd usually give in.

It's been really tough, but this many days in, that little niggle in my brain at 12pm is
    jussssst about gone.

Fridays and Saturdays it's still on FULL BORE though.

So programmed to drink every freaking weekend. So annyoing, but it's getting easier.

Julia

Julia, remember our bodies adapt and like routine, so we will definitely be meeting resistance in trying to change that routine. hang tough and remember that you are in charge of your life.... not a drink, not a piece of cake, not a cigarette- absolutely no vice.

that's what I have to keep telling myself. my 5 p.m. hankering started turning into a3 p.m. hankering... I knew it would only get worse if I didn't change something quick.

we can do this. thank God for this thread... any other time I would have drank last night

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

bhanes is offline Member
    Then my enabling husband would come home and give some excuse as to why I should
    be drinking with him, and I'd usually give in

I have one of those also, he really doesn't encourage me, but when he stops to pour a Jack & coke, then I'm like "well hell I would like a cocktail also".......what a mess.

PrimalFreedom; thanks for the motivation I would LOOOOVE to be free from this very strong craving (addiction). Hell the wheat and processed crap was a breeze, this puppy need to be put down. LOL

Thanks PrimalFreedom!

Totally agree.

Feeling as shitty as I did 13 days ago was a ginormous wake up call. And I didn't even
    OVER indulge. Lame. My ancient liver is waving a white flag.

Bhanes - my husband is HORRIBLE. Any reason is a reason for him:
    the sky is blue
    dust particles are falling
    got a great commission check
    had a great day at work
    had a bad day at work
    it's 5
    it's 6
    tomorrow is Saturday, I'll watch the boys if you feel gross
    i got your favorite wine
    i put it in the freezer and it's extra cold

Sometimes he'll even follow me around the house with it and a wine glass and
    say "you ready yet? it's all chilled!"

He is a BRAT.

Funny, but bratty.

Julia

Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast