Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: ready to give up weekday drinking? page 4

outlaw48 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by excursivey View Post
    Oh not THAT long. I could probably do it weeknights much of the year. I use a Weber Pro with the Mesquite charcoal so it takes some time to get the coals all ready to go. The actual grilling is pretty fast of course. Just lots of times after work, working out etc. I'm just not in the mood to deal with that.
    Oh! I didn't even think of prepping a grill. You do it the real way. I cheat and use gas. 😉

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by outlaw48 View Post
    Oh! I didn't even think of prepping a grill. You do it the real way. I cheat and use gas. 
    Yup! And it's d*mn delish! There is a gas grill at my house but I turned it off, and later discovered a pack rat had built a nest in it.
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

spk
    spk is offline Senior Member
    I'm totally in--been trying in small ways to do exactly this but your thread motivates me. This I can and should do -- I couldn't do the damn W30 for June but this, this is perfect. The tipple messes up my quality of sleep. Parks itself right on my abdomen too!

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Sober 8 years. Alcohol is empty and a waste of money. And way too addictive!

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Aldergirl is offline Senior Member
    I've never drank a drop of alcohol in my life. I realized I have addictive tendencies, and it just made sense to never start .

PrimalFreedom is offline Senior Member
    @knifgill...congrats! found I've really misused alcohol and am hoping to eventually NEVER "rely" on its affects for social situations, etc.

Sooooo...without 4 days of alcohol I've lost 2 pounds. Feels good to be free of that bit of excess water weight.

I recall pb dating that alcohol will be used for fuel before suited fast. Right now, that's a huge motivator.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    True freedom is the ability to live in a way that is all life giving, not clouded by anything that contaminates body, spirit, or mind.

My journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread86444.html;)

wolfman is offline Senior Member
    Im in! Let's all celebrate with a drink!

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    I'm reluctantly in. I've been suspecting that wine was affecting my allergies so I stopped drinking it (I used to have 1 glass about 3 times a week) for a while and then last night I decided to try having a glass.... no denying it now, I was miserable, sneezing, itchy nose and still this morning I can't breathe well. I'm really bummed because I do so enjoy the way wine goes with food, nothing else can compare. I've tried Kombucha but it's not the same.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    I'm reluctantly in. I've been suspecting that wine was affecting my allergies so I stopped drinking it (I used to have 1 glass about 3 times a week) for a while and then last night I decided to try having a glass.... no denying it now, I was miserable, sneezing, itchy nose and still this morning I can't breathe well. I'm really bummed because I do so enjoy the way wine goes with food, nothing else can compare. I've tried Kombucha but it's not the same.
    Me too.

Within the first two sips of wine, white or red, my nose stuffs up and I sneeze about 15 times.

Nasal spray works, but not so good for the nose... so bye-bye wine for another reason.

Julia

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Maybe it's time to have some beer?

Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast