Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: ready to give up weekday drinking? page 31

PrimalFreedom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by primalbeauty View Post
    Made it through day one! I spent my time making dinner - beef kebabs, marinated mushrooms, and scrambled eggs. After dinner I went for a leisurely walk at my neighborhood beach and picked some wild blackberries. Came home, made a coconut milk banana cocoa smoothie and did some housework. Prepped crock pot short ribs for tomorrow's meal. It seems like a good time to be outside enjoying these beautiful summer evenings. Feels very productive compared to my usual tv! I also sipped on club soda out of a wine glass.

I am nervous because I have a dinner party to attend on Weds this week. Need to make a plan.
    Congrats on day 1. I would absolutely be realistic. Maybe you'll have a drink, but decide when...delay it. For example, but when you get in the door or at soup/salad. Save it for the main course and then have decaf...

What's your plan?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    True freedom is the ability to live in a way that is all life giving, not clouded by anything that contaminates body, spirit, or mind.

My journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread86444.html;)

spk
    spk is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by excursivey View Post
    Hugs to you spk... Sorry for your loss.

And hang in there.
    thanks excursivey - sweet of you. He's was my best friends oldest brother.

primalbeauty is offline Junior Member
    Its night two of club soda and walking the neighborhood. How's every one else doing this week? Plan for tomorrow's dinner party: its actually pretty informal.The host asked me to bring beer. So I'll bring some and some club soda. I will start with club and then, if it sounds good, have one beer with dinner. Right now beer sounds really heavy, not too tempting.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    So far so good for me. Open red is still in the fridge. Plus two unopened bottles I collected while shopping for the dinner. All good. I went for a run after work, which makes 4 days in a row with exercise. Woo hoo!

I think that sounds like a generally good plan primalbeauty. Good luck!
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Tonight was the dinner party. I brought beer but had zero temptation to drink anything. I also brought club soda and drank that. Part of the reason, I've been a little lax on the diet since starting this experiment. Today I ate half a donut (why?) And it made me nauseated with a bad headache. Crazy but a good reminder not to eat junk!

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Good job PB!!!

Yanno, when I quit drinking I went absolutely BALLS OUT on candy.

Snickers, Twix, Whatchamacalit, Reeses, Rolo - you name it.

My thought process for really trying to QUIT, was that it was better to have
    the 600 calories in pure ass sugar, than booze.

Consequently, when you quit alcohol, your body really wants the sugar from
    SOMEWHERE, so I can understand why you ate that half a donut.

While I'm not suggesting you go crazy on Stupid Shit, if it gets you over a hump
    or a night where you're white knuckling the drinking (for routine's sake, not cuz
    you're an alchie) then eat the crap.

Though, donuts put me in a coma as well. Candy, never. HA!

Or heck, if you wanna stay on the diet, pick a fruit you haven't had in a long time.

It's not as irreverent feeling like a vat of candy would be, in lieu of the alcohol,
    but it certainly won't make you feel like shit the next day.

I've even subbed out fast food and suffered the consequences instead of nightly
    wine.

Not all the time, just on really bad nights.

Now my 5pm wine time has been subbed out with spitting sunflower shells all over
    the driveway with the husband and the kids. When I'm done with my 160 cal pack,
    seed time is over.

I find it very interesting now that I crave seeds at that time instead of wine. Hilarious.

We can turn ANYTHING into a habit.

At least my liver is happy. Ha!

Good luck, and keep up the good work,

Julia

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Tonight was the dinner party. I brought beer but had zero temptation to drink anything. I also brought club soda and drank that. Part of the reason, I've been a little lax on the diet since starting this experiment. Today I ate half a donut (why?) And it made me nauseated with a bad headache. Crazy but a good reminder not to eat junk!

Wow good for you!

I ate a donut on National Donut Day. Was tasty. Sorry it gave you a headache but like you said, probably helps avoid it next time.

Personally last night I almost caved to the leftover red in the fridge but somehow managed to gut it out. Tried to assess my feelings over why after all these days of not caring I seemed to crave it so much last night. I seemed to assess I was feeling "antsy"? I think related to some...I don't know...changes(?) in my life. Because of a break up and some changes in my job I find myself a little isolated lately. I'm taking steps to address that but since I'm a bit of an introvert I guess it's causing a little anxiety. But I'll get through. It's just life.
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Well, I made it all week. Lost an extra pound. It actually doesn't sound great today, but I'm sure it will by 5 pm. I wonder sometimes if primal just causes our bodies to start naturally rejecting food that is not good for us.

Paleobird Guest
    I wonder sometimes if primal just causes our bodies to start naturally rejecting food that is not good for us.
    I think your body always rejects things that are not good or it. The difference with Primal is that it clears out so much of the noise pollution that we can hear our bodies clearly objecting when we do stupid things.

PrimalFreedom is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well, I made it all week. Lost an extra pound. It actually doesn't sound great today, but I'm sure it will by 5 pm. I wonder sometimes if primal just causes our bodies to start naturally rejecting food that is not good for us.

So proud of you!!!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    True freedom is the ability to live in a way that is all life giving, not clouded by anything that contaminates body, spirit, or mind.

My journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread86444.html;)

Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast