Page 30 of 41 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: ready to give up weekday drinking? page 30

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    So I have an opened bottle of red wine that was from the weekend sitting on my counter with a stopper. My goal is to let it sit there all week. I would normally have been "well it's open I might as well finish it". Might not be fit to drink by Friday but that's not the point.

Thanks to doing this, I guess, I've hit 133 lbs. I don't think I've seen that weight since before I met my husband. When I started WW way back in Jan of 2012 my goal was 130. Woo hoo!
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Paleobird Guest
    Some interesting reading while you are NOT drinking your wine. (Well done on letting it sit there and on the weight loss.)

The Alcohol Manifesto | Whole9 | Let us change your life.

The part about insulin dis-regulation made a lot of sense to me in that I always crave carbs the day after even a minor amount of booze.

Good link Robin, I've fished around in their site from time to time. Always interesting. I have not really noticed if I crave carbs after drinking although thinking about this past weekend I don't seem to recall that. I always seem to want salt, like if I had chips in the house I would wanna eat the whole bag.
    Breathe. Move forward.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    If you put that wine in the fridge it'll be fine by Friday.

Just take it out long enough to reach room temp if you like it that way!

Yeah, usually for me, the day AFTER booze is the WORST.

Western bacon cheeseburger from Carl's Jr, some fries, and then it's a
    farking free for all of cookies, candy (the chocolate variety, like snickers)
    and anything else I can find. Like those delicious little donettes.. the chocolate
    covered ones and the powdered ones.

And, the kicker is that I have ZERO off switch the day after, so I can eat and
    eat and eat and eat.

Not only am I a bottomless pit, but I never even feel sick or nauseated either.

I could probably eat until my stomach fills up to my esophogus and still never puke.

So weird. Always been like that.

'Course I feel like absolute bloated ass shit the NEXT day.. but the day of, it's tasty
    goodness all the way. Ahem.

Miraculously, I didn't do the food free for all the day after my wine on Friday this time.

Very odd.

Must have disrupted the pattern or something.

Whatever!

Julia

Quote Originally Posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
    If you put that wine in the fridge it'll be fine by Friday.
    Oh of course. Duh. (Smacks forehead...)
    Breathe. Move forward.

primalbeauty is offline Junior Member
    We are cheering you on excursivy!

Quote Originally Posted by primalbeauty View Post
    We are cheering you on excursivy!
    Hey back at all of you!! We are all doing so great!
    Breathe. Move forward.

primalbeauty is offline Junior Member
    Made it through day one! I spent my time making dinner - beef kebabs, marinated mushrooms, and scrambled eggs. After dinner I went for a leisurely walk at my neighborhood beach and picked some wild blackberries. Came home, made a coconut milk banana cocoa smoothie and did some housework. Prepped crock pot short ribs for tomorrow's meal. It seems like a good time to be outside enjoying these beautiful summer evenings. Feels very productive compared to my usual tv! I also sipped on club soda out of a wine glass.

I am nervous because I have a dinner party to attend on Weds this week. Need to make a plan.

spk
    spk is offline Senior Member
    poof - was doing so well and then, today I've slipped. In 1 day it will be the anniversary of a dear person, a man who was important to so many and his passing from alcohol. This isn't why I've had a drink today. But I'm thinking about him and all I hoped for him that is gone. And I'm sorry to put this out there, to you all, who are doing so well! Truly, I am not 'enjoying' this drink because of this anniversary.

Congrats to all who are persevering––I am ready to step back into the healthful routine I had going! And gals, I'm loving the new avatars...

Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    poof - was doing so well and then, today I've slipped. In 1 day it will be the anniversary of a dear person, a man who was important to so many and his passing from alcohol. This isn't why I've had a drink today. But I'm thinking about him and all I hoped for him that is gone. And I'm sorry to put this out there, to you all, who are doing so well! Truly, I am not 'enjoying' this drink because of this anniversary.

Congrats to all who are persevering––I am ready to step back into the healthful routine I had going! And gals, I'm loving the new avatars...
    Hugs to you spk... Sorry for your loss.

And hang in there.
    Breathe. Move forward.

Page 30 of 41 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast