Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: ready to give up weekday drinking? page 3

outlaw48 is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    I am in for no booze during the week. Great initiative! Usually one becomes too many, anyway. If you want to take the odd weekend off as well you can offer to be DD. I find it easier to bow out of social drinking when I have the responsibility of carting my drunk friends around town.

Quote Originally Posted by excursivey View Post
    Feel your pain on this! But I mostly only have time to grill a steak on the weekends so I hope I'll be good.
    Out of curiosity, how long does it take you to grill a steak?

OneDeltaTenTango is offline Senior Member
    The usual pattern for me and my wife is that we kill a bottle of wine a night, sometimes more. Soijustwent 21 days no alcohol and then just occasional, maybe once a week. For me, it is easiest to go zero tolerance. my wife has a better will powermjscle and can be more occasional.

Which is a long way of saying, I am in too!

awok677 is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like a good plan! I've tended to go through phases of beer every night or just not drinking at all. While I've been losing weight I've cut it out completely, though for a while I did restrict it to just friday nights. When I'm closer to my goals then I hope to be able to indulge, but will probably stick to weekends or one night a week then as well.
    Me, My Father and The Alzheimer's - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread84213.html

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Count me in, but my goal is total abstinence.

I've been a Professional Drinker since I moved out of the house
    I grew up in when I was 18.

Not a stone cold drunk 100% of the time, but there were some pretty drunk
    days in there in my 20's, where I used to drink half a BIG bottle of Bacardi 151
    nightly.

ANYWAY! Now I'm 44 and my husband and I are/were Professional Partiers.

We drink cuz it's fun, not cuz we're trying to numb ourselves from whatever people
    say that people drink because they're not happy with themselves or their situation.

However, lately, it started to get back to "every other night" instead of "just Fridays" or
    "just Saturdays".

I usually pork down one bottle of wine between the hours of 5pm to 10pm with nary a deleterious
    effect the next day... besides maybe wanting greasy stuff, but realized that a bottle of wine every
    other night isn't smart, and certainly not good for my old ass self, so I quit for a good ten days before,
    but was craving it so badly, um, dunno what my ticker says but I think 7 days ago that I gave in and had
    wine.

Big Mistake.

For some reason, some wine I feel fine with, and then some, even if it's the same brand but a different year,
    makes me violently ill.

This was one of those times.

One bottle of wine equaled 2 days in bed with a blinding headache and vomiting, a LOT.

So now I'm wholeheartedly on the wagon once again because unlike childbirth, um, I REMEMBER
    HOW SHITTY I FELT and I swear to the G-Man, that I really just wanted a bullet between my eyes.

Seriously wanted to DIE.

44 barfing for two days on wine? LAME!

I'm done. Done.Done.Done.

So do it my way, get super sick and then you won't give six shits about booze AND
    there will be ZERO cravings as well! Yeah!

That's my story.

I'm in to support, berate or chastize others into staying on the wagon... I will send you
    my two day hangover vibes and you won't even want to look at that glistening cocktail in
    the spotlight on your counter......

Julia

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by outlaw48 View Post
    Out of curiosity, how long does it take you to grill a steak?
    Oh not THAT long. I could probably do it weeknights much of the year. I use a Weber Pro with the Mesquite charcoal so it takes some time to get the coals all ready to go. The actual grilling is pretty fast of course. Just lots of times after work, working out etc. I'm just not in the mood to deal with that.
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Rojo is offline Senior Member
    There's alway one and here I am.

My problem with cordoning off the weekend is that hangover days are probably the only days I don't feel like drinking. So I drink it up on Friday and instead of cooling my heels on Saturday, I tell myself "this is your window, let's party", so I'm kinda forcing myself to drink.

I prefer to break it up -- say Wednesday and Friday or Saturday. After the Sunday night blahs and the Monday and Tuesday night work then TV tedium, I'm about ready to pull my fingernails out.

My weakness is adding a third day during the week. That tilts the balance from "letting off steam" to "intemintent bendering".

I tried to skipping a weekend every month, but I'm far to devious for the likes of me. I would drink on Thursday and Monday. Hah! Take that Killjoy Rojo. So now I'm experimenting with 10 days sober every month. Party on Saturday. Chill Sunday through the week, the following weekend, then Monday and Tuesday. Then meet up with Boozitha on Wednesday.

I make a list for the 10 days -- life stuff that needs some attention, one new activity, new recipes. This month I'm trying an isolation tank, planting a little herb garden, getting my first eyeglasses at 45 and tidying up the apartment. I try to not overschedule -- that just sets up me up for disappointment. Plus I have 10 days next month!
    Last edited by Rojo; 06-19-2013 at 10:03 AM.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Hangovers? Intermittent bendering? All I'm going to do is avoid drinking during the week and have 1 glass of wine on weekend nights, but only if I really want it. It's all part of my plan to eat as perfectly clean paleo as I can and see what happens.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Having a Whiskey or two before bedtime is a great way to finish the day, so I am still not in...

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Having a Whiskey or two before bedtime is a great way to finish the day, so I am still not in...
    Better than a coke zero with organic lime.

Rojo is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Hangovers? Intermittent bendering? All I'm going to do is avoid drinking during the week and have 1 glass of wine on weekend nights, but only if I really want it. It's all part of my plan to eat as perfectly clean paleo as I can and see what happens.
    Well, there are other people on this thread.

Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast